300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing your radio MIC

How do you wear your MIC to keep from losing it while you are running/fighting? I know if the fight is bad enough its coming off anyways, but Im just talking about a general scuffle and mainly running.

I wear mine on my shirt right below my chin. I find it easier to reach it and still watch the suspect but it flies right off in the heat of the battle.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I have a lappell mic and ear bud on my radio. I run both cords between my shirt and vest. I bring my mic cord out between my zipper and top button and clip it right below by chin. I have only had it fall inside my shirt once during a fight when my button ripped off.
      The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything

Comment

normally i wear it on my left (weak) side and string the cord along my back over the right shoulder but through the epalate and clip it between the 1st and 2nd button. that way if i have to run it can disconnect from the shirt but wont come off the shoulder making it look like i have a tail. worked for the past 3.5 year without a hitch.

Comment

I've got a little leather strap that you can buy at most uniform supply stores. It snaps around my epaulet and my radio mic clips through a slot in the leather so the only way it can fall off is if the epaulet is torn off. Besides the slot for a mic clip, it is also usuable for velcro backings. The strap has a velcro square and a snap. You can replace one of the screws on the back of your mic with the snap's mate and it will attach securely.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

we have polo style shirts and not the normal uniform style shirt, i have been just running under my left arm up my chest and clipping it to the top of my vest at chest level

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
              I've got a little leather strap that you can buy at most uniform supply stores. It snaps around my epaulet and my radio mic clips through a slot in the leather so the only way it can fall off is if the epaulet is torn off. Besides the slot for a mic clip, it is also usuable for velcro backings. The strap has a velcro square and a snap. You can replace one of the screws on the back of your mic with the snap's mate and it will attach securely.

I bought the nylon version of this and it's great. After having my mic fall off twice before while running (haven't had anyone turn to fight yet), I bought this thing for six bucks and it seems to do the trick.
              For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
              Faith issues
              Challenging hardcore atheism
              Reasonable Faith

Comment

Originally posted by wearsastetson View Post
                I have a lappell mic and ear bud on my radio. I run both cords between my shirt and vest. I bring my mic cord out between my zipper and top button and clip it right below by chin. I have only had it fall inside my shirt once during a fight when my button ripped off.
                EXACTLY how I've worn mine for many years....every once in a while the mic flies off, but that's in a REALLY good fight.

Comment

outer vest, it runs under the vest, so if it comes on done it wont fall very far.
                  "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6284 users online. 344 members and 5940 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X