300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick

I am super excited, I started at my department this week. But, my second day through pre-academy training I got really sick. I hardly ever get sick, but when I do it always seems to be bad. So, there I am laying in bed really early in the morning (long commute) after a $h!ty nights sleep, sweating from a fever, trying to decided if I could live with myself calling in sick my first week of work. I decide that I can't, so I load up on DayQuil and muscle through it. I made it to the weekend, but I hope that I can gain back some strength. Just needed to vent, thanks.

Sick

Originally posted by pofoperator View Post
    I am super excited, I started at my department this week. But, my second day through pre-academy training I got really sick. I hardly ever get sick, but when I do it always seems to be bad. So, there I am laying in bed really early in the morning (long commute) after a $h!ty nights sleep, sweating from a fever, trying to decided if I could live with myself calling in sick my first week of work. I decide that I can't, so I load up on DayQuil and muscle through it. I made it to the weekend, but I hope that I can gain back some strength. Just needed to vent, thanks.
    You sound like a pretty goal oriented guy. Hang in there!! Good luck!!

Comment

Way to push through it. First day of the academy for me I was sick as a dog but I'm sure the nerves didn't help either. Best then you can do is push through it!
      The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

The first day I started FTO, I had a terrible headache (possibly migraine), and I threw up about an hour into the shift. I didn't feel that nervous, but I'm sure I was. My FTO called my sergeant while I was in the bathroom, and when he came out, he said I could go home if I wanted to. I opted to stick it out, but I ended up throwing up again about 2 hours later. By that time I figured I wasn't doing anyone any good, so I just went home. My FTO got teased more than I did. Everyone joked about him scaring me away, but they all knew I stuck it out for a while before going home.

I did find out later that night that our milk had expired the day before we bought it (and it was 7 Eleven milk). My husband came home sick from work too, so it's possible we had some kind of food poisoning...

Comment

We used to have a guy that would call in if he had a sniffle and screw the rest of us over. Don't be that guy. Sometimes you just have to muscle your way through it like you did.

I've got a bad lower back that I have problems with at least once a month. A big bottle of Excedrine back and body in the car is about all I can do about it.
          Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
          I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
          Originally posted by weinerdog2000
          as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4635 users online. 307 members and 4328 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X