300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one that got away...

they need to make a squad car that is capable of like warp 9... i tried stopping a guy on a crotch rocket the other night, and as soon as i hit the blue lights he hits the throttle, yea it was like i was standing still! i tried to keep up but there was no way that the impala i was driving had a snowballs chance in hell of keeping up...
    In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Let it go, if he's stupid enough to run, then he's stupid enough to make another mistake down the line that will get him caught. I've had a few run from me, some we caught down the line, others got away. We catch the ones we can catch, the others... we catch later
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

I don't even start to chase them. I'm sure it would get called off, and I know that my impala would not even come close...

Comment

that will --- you off every time to just watch them leave.- thats when you radio ahead and ask the other officer to "slowly ride out into the lane of traffic in ...3.....2.....1"
        Updated on: 12/28/09

Comment

The One that got away.

Many years ago, New York Yankee Manager Casey Stengal said."You win a few, you lose a few, and some get called on account of rain". True in Baseball, true in chasing violators and bad guys. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Comment

I've only been on the road a couple of short months and this scenario has already happened to me on several occasions... I ride a bike myself but have never been behind one that takes off until this job, it is truly impressive to watch, and incredibly stupid...but hey that's what makes them bad guys!
            "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Try getting smoked by an older model Pontiac Sunbird, while driving a POS OLD Caprice that will only go 105! Very humbling experience.

Comment

I stop guys on bikes all the time, don't light them up, just wait till they stop at a light or to chat to a girl then pull in front of them and hop out...remember, they don't have reverse. But if they do run, don't chase them its not worth watching them wipe out and die.

Comment

Originally posted by PROBY View Post
                  they need to make a squad car that is capable of like warp 9... i tried stopping a guy on a crotch rocket the other night, and as soon as i hit the blue lights he hits the throttle, yea it was like i was standing still! i tried to keep up but there was no way that the impala i was driving had a snowballs chance in hell of keeping up...
                  The obvious signs of a new pup! Don't get so wrapped up in a chase that you're forgetting the most important thing- getting home alive and in the same condition you left. You can't stop your vehicle if you're going too fast and believe me you don't have to be going "Warp 9" to be going too fast. Don't light the guy up (if possible) until you're right on his bumper. If you get a plate, you can catch him later at his home. If you can't see a plate (believe me) you or another officer will get him later, very probably at the scene of a wreck.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I am a sport bike rider myself and guys like that is what gives "crotch rocket" riders a bad name. Being new to the game you have to realize if they want to run and know how to ride...well, you seen it yourself, you will never catch them. Your 105 Impala won't touch a 150-200 (depending on the bike). No reason to put you or the rider in harms way. Yes, I know, the rider is putting himself in harms way, but with the pursuit, it just makes the situation even worse. Like the other posts have metioned, next time, don't light them up, get up behind them and get the tag. Then if they run, beat him home
                    "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

I had a guy driving some kind of 2 door sporty type car. Me in my 2004 CVI that was powered by CNG (compressed Natural Gas). That thing was gutless, I lost the guy going up a moderate hill. He wasn't even speeding that fast but he still smoked me and ducked off on a side road. I tried to flip around and chase him but I lost him in the barracks area, and I didn't have a good description of the car. So to vent out my anger, my partner and I wrote about a dozen parking tickets in the barracks parking lot that he ducked into.

Comment

if you cant catch em,thats where backup comes in,in this case in the front.if the moron is going to put innocent people in harms way of his idiocy,like NOT ON A BACK ROAD AWAY FROM OTHERS ,then hed probably lose it anyway,if they are headed for people unaware,pile up in front of him and take his sorry arse out of there.your cruiser[s]can take a better wop than that bike,and of course,if the evilkinevil does get away,he will turn up again,you know it.be s a f e no matter what.

Comment

Why chase'em when you can just copy down his tag and run it?
                          "Do not draw me without honor"

"Do not sheath me without Justice!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4031 users online. 227 members and 3804 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X