300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sworn In

Well, I was officially sworn in today with my department and have the academy to look forward to starting tomorrow. I'm quite nervous as I obviously want to do the best that I can since the department hired me before the academy.

I figured to make things a little more humorous for me today since I'm stressing out a bit, maybe you guys had some funny stores to tell/advice to give concerning your academy or training experiences

Thanks!
    The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Expect to be yelled at for anything (real or imagined), just don't smile because you know it's coming. Your reaction (a smile, frown, looking away or directly at the DI) is what the staff is hoping to see and jump on you for. It's all a game and this part of it doesn't last long.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

First, Congratulation. I wish you well in your training and your career.

Second, while it's a good sign that you are nervous (it shows you are taking this seriously), don't get stressed out too much. The training is difficult, but it doesn't require any super-human strength. All of us went through it, and you will too. Work hard, study hard, keep yourself in shape, and keep your nose clean. You'll do just fine.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

I'll second that. Good luck

Comment

LOl....At least I had already been in the Marines, hench gone to Marine boot camp (Good ol' Parris Island) to help me out. You'll do fine, don't worry about it.
          You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4351 users online. 214 members and 4137 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X