300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn I love this job

One hour to go last night and my head is pounding. Talking to the guy in his car next to me and he tells me he's off to turn in paperwork and swear in tickets. We part ways and I figure I'll take it easy and just respond to what they send me. Guy passes buy in his car with no belt on....what the hell, write an easy ticket and run him. If he's got warrants, that won't take long and will kill the shift off for me. (Famous last words, I've done this before and got stuck with a two hour DUI last time I did this same thing).

Light him up and he pulls over after a few seconds, shuts the car off and tosses his keys on the roof. Couldn't help but get the impression he's been pulled over a few times. He's calm, answers pretty straight but his destination and reason were just a bit strange...but he seemed convincing. My partner who was driving off pulls up to check on me and goes to talk to the guy. Comes back to me and says 'Weird story about where he's off to, huh?'
    'Yea, I thought so to, but I believe him'
    'So do I, you writing him?'
    'Yea, no insurance'
    'Oh ok'

*Rewind to the previous night*
    We were sitting together again just BS'n about Academy days and got talking about PPCT and how hilarious the 'approach with hands up to anyone you interview' would look if done in RL. I mean, anyone is going to look at you like you're nuts if you come at them in a boxer stance to 'talk' and then slide your hands down their arm. So I dare him to do it with his little plastic fireman's hat on that he carries with him. Five bucks, next time we check out on someone.
    *Back to main story*

'Hey I still need to do that bet', he says to me. 'You're kidding? You're going to do it to this guy? Ok fine but WITH the hat...five bucks.'
    'No, I can't do the hat. Hat's gotta be on initial approach.'
    'Ok fine, but the hands up and arm drape for sure'
    'Sure, I'll do it, can you keep a straight face?'
    'No, I'm staying in my car because I'll lose it if you do it'
    He walks over to the kid and gets him out of the car, his hands flash up, he dances over to the guy (who's got a real quizzical look on his face now and I'm dying via laughter in my car at this point) and gives him the arm molest. I'm still laughing and I continue filling out my ticket. I glance up again and he's got the kid cuffed and emptying out his pockets.

I. Can't. Believe. It. Due to an in-joke, we found what ended up being 9 bags weighing in at 5gs of coke on him. We were about to let this donkey go, and ended up nailing a pretty good arrest.

Lord I love this job.
    For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
    Faith issues
    Challenging hardcore atheism
    Reasonable Faith

Lol sounds awesome man! I can't wait till I can get into this job. It just doesn't come fast enough!

Comment

That is hilarious!!! He even wore the hat? Did you end up paying him?
      R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Great stuff, great bust! I can't wait to get going either, I get sworn in next Tuesday!

Thanks for the laugh!
        The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Sweet! Congrats on a nice hook!!

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post
            That is hilarious!!! He even wore the hat? Did you end up paying him?
            No, he didn't wear the hat because it wasn't his 'Initial approach'...but he did everything else. I'm going to get him to do the hat later this week I think. It's pay week and I want to bring my digital camera and catch it on film...lol. Definitely worth the five bucks. Hell yeah, I'll pay up....lol
            For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
            Faith issues
            Reasonable Faith

Comment

Love this job!!

Yah, the "hits just keep on coming" don't they? Don't know where else I could have had so much *&&% fun, and gotten paid for it. Stay safe, and Thanks!!

Comment

haha, thats great, reminds me of one I had a month ago. myself, 3 ofc's and 1 sergeant were selected for a street crimes task force for a few weeks b/c of the high amount of robberies we had. So, this guy (gator trapper) pulls up next to us and goes "hey if your interested...it looks like their selling drugs out of the Papa Bears restaurant. So we drive over and within 5 minutes we see some hand to hand action going. Well the people drive off in a car and we pull them over (didn't signal to switch lanes, nice pc ) and we immedately smell marijuana in the car. So we get these 3 guys out of the car and I run one of them..well the guy has a past of possession of cocaine, and with intent to sell. So after, I ask him what has he been arrested for, well he goes on and makes up some "it wasn't my cocaine" story. I searched the car and find a bunch of individual packaged cocaine baggies. So when I pick them up and wave them to him he goes "wait..that's not mine..want to hear a funny story about that..well..I was in rehab, met this girl that was in there for cocaine and she saw my car and told me that it use to be her car. So it must be hers!" I looked at him with that "yes you are a retard" look then hooked them all. Thought it was funny.

Comment

Nice!!! Made me laugh
                  In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

hahahah

Please tell me you have cameras in your cars and you can get a copy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MNCopper View Post
                      hahahah

Please tell me you have cameras in your cars and you can get a copy!!!!
                      Good news: Yes we've got cameras in the new issued cars.
                      Bad news: I have an old car. :/

I frakin wish I'd brought my digital that night. Oh well... If nothing else, I'll set it up again and be sure to have my camera with me. Will it result in another bust? Probably not but hey, I never saw that one comin' either!

Answering Infidels
                      Faith issues
                      Reasonable Faith

Comment

Nice story, and GREAT arrest!

Originally posted by MDS View Post
                        Lord I love this job.
                        But this will go away.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Why would "loving the job" go away?

Last edited by kruwl; 02-24-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

kruwl

I agree, but after 17 years, and the job just doesn't do it for me anymore, where am I going? I have to hang for the pension. 20 years and out at 50% here. Things have changed, people have changed and I have changed, I will hang in there for the retirement though.

Comment

Originally posted by kruwl View Post
                              Kudos to those who love the job.

My father told me once, "Find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life." I agree with his statement. I try to stay excited and geared up for work. It tugs at my heart and worries my conscience to see officers from 2 yrs on to 20+ yrs who are bitter and jaded. Why do the job if you dont love it? There's a million other professions, and opportunities (especially for ex-cops who left on good terms) out there. There have -already- been mornings and evenings when I dreaded going to work. I was tired, irritable and just wanting to stay in bed with my gal. But as soon as that uniform goes on, I focus on a goal and mission of doing something worth while.

I realize we deal with the same 2% over and over. We can never catch them all, we will never help most people enough and we can never do it all. But jeeze, we're cops. Most of us are pretty autonomous and get to decide what we do, when we want to do it. We stack calls some nights, and others are slow. There's always plenty to keep you occupied and it's always different.
                              I'm with ya. And while I don't have the years in to be qualified to argue against anyone who is burned out (not a shot at SlowDownThere by any means) or plain disgruntled, I've been in LE for a few years now (did 3 1/2 in dispatch) and haven't been disgruntled by my old job or my new one thus far. Do some days get on my nerves? Absolutely. But when I begin to hate each day with my eyes opening, I'll be sure to reconsider careers. I've never understood why anyone stays in a spot they hate.

I look at it this way, we have lots of freedoms, are pretty much self supervised, and can be as proactive as we choose (for the mostpart). And, you don't do the same thing everyday like an assembly line worker.

Maybe I'm being delusional for now but I don't think so? I've done desk jobs and I've dug ditches, both of which bored me....quickly. Thought I would have loved my previous job (graphic design) but the desk just wasn't for me. Construction payed pretty good, but had no thought to it at all and was heavily supervised as was the desk job.

Answering Infidels
                              Faith issues
                              Reasonable Faith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4568 users online. 267 members and 4301 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X