300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on patrols

Hi there all I’m security guard personnel and I patrol the town of Wawa Ontario Canada with my unmarked vehicle I gought a question do you need your police departments cruiser to perform duties or can you go undercover and patrol with your unmarked car around town

I'm confused. Your profile says you are a crossing guard. Which is it, crossing guard or security officer?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Going undercover and patrolling in a personal vehicle, without direct instructions or department supervision, would be a really quick way to end a young officer's career (at least in any department I ever worked, including the one I was chief of for 6-1/2 years).

Law enforcement is not a sport, it is a cooperative effort by multiple people working toward commonly held and recognized goals, under supervision according to a plan. Not a game for children, or adults who choose not to grow up.

There may not be a permanent cure for "stupid" but a final paycheck and a boot in the *** might be close.

Comment

Okey thanks for telling me

Comment

I’m a both a crossing guard and a security guard

Comment

There was only one time when I ever considered using my personal vehicle for official purposes. I was the sole on-duty officer in a very small town and we got hit with a heavy snowstorm. Our Ford Crown Victoria was terrible in snow, even with winter tires, and much of the community was very hilly. I owned an all-wheel-drive vehicle that was excellent in snow. I sat at the station and decided if I received a hot call in the hills, I would take my car instead of the cruiser. Luckily, that hot call never came.

Comment

Cool great job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4796 users online. 191 members and 4605 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X