300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to wear uniforms at funerals

I have attended different funerals from civilian, to military, to police. I have see Police Officers obviously wear uniforms at the Militar and Police ones, but have also seen them wear them at the private ones. Is it common place for officers to wear their uniforms at a civilian funeral? If so, what are the usual "guidelines" for this?

I personally have never seen this done in CA, but haven't really attended that many non-LEO funerals. It is very possible the ones you've seen, are on duty LEO's, LEO's on their way to work, or on their way home from work
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by tmac81 View Post
      I have attended different funerals from civilian, to military, to police. I have see Police Officers obviously wear uniforms at the Militar and Police ones, but have also seen them wear them at the private ones. Is it common place for officers to wear their uniforms at a civilian funeral? If so, what are the usual "guidelines" for this?
      Your department should have regs in regards to the wearing of the uniform.

If they do not, let common sense be your guide.

Here at the Big-City, West-Coast, only L/O/D, active-duty, and retired LE funerals have our members attend in Class 'A' uniform.

Yes, but I just remember, that I have seen on-duty officers in Class 'A', attend the funeral of an active duty LE's family member, but I, personally, wouldn't want that if one of mine passed away.
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I've attended the funerals for the family of active duty LEO's in uniform. It was common practice at one of my former departments for the members of the department, as a group and in uniform, to attend the funeral of family members of active duty LEO's in the county. They did so for my father when he passed, with the entire department attending the funeral (this was a small department, but arrangements had to be made with the Sheriff's Office to cover the call load for the town while they attended the funeral) and I was quite honored by it.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6162 users online. 319 members and 5843 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X