300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Issue

What were you guys intially issued when you first started? I would like to compare what you guys have been given with what I was given. My chief even admitted stuff was missing but I am going to have to inventory everything myself and figure out what I still need the dept to cover.

This is from memory so something may be left out, but here goes:

4x s/s shirt
    4x l/s shirt
    1 package of buttons for uniforms (enough for one l/s and one s/s)
    1x name plate
    4x pants
    1x squad suit (BDU style uniform)
    3x jacket (winter/summer/rain)
    1x campaign style hat
    1x watch cap
    1x shoes
    1x duty belt
    1x radio w charger and holder
    1x handcuffs and case
    1x flashlight and ring
    1x key holder
    1x OC canister and holder
    1x Glock and retention holster
    1x magazine pouch
    1x whistle and chain
    1x collapsible baton and holder
    1x pager and holder
    3x belt keeper
    1x uniform badge
    1x hat badge
    Assorted text books and paperwork

*edit* forgot about the vest and two carriers

It's not everything we need, but it's quite a bit of stuff.
    Last edited by CruiserClass; 05-03-2007, 04:16 PM. Reason: remembered something else
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

When I first started...something like 2 shirts, 2 pants and a badge. Everything else was on my dime.

Comment

Badge, Gun, Duty Holster, Dump Pouches (Jesus i AM old, damn!!!), and Baton.. everything else was on my dime.

Comment

two badges and $200. Buy what you needed.

Comment

Two long sleeved shirts/2 short sleeved, four pair pants, Ike Jacket, shoes, gun, sam browne, 1 pair cuffs, PR-24 Baton, Winter Jacket.............and a vest!

Comment

Everything, except a brain. I was promised one but I am still waiting.

I hear when I make Captain they will take it away again. Can't wait.
              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                Everything, except a brain. I was promised one but I am still waiting.

I hear when I make Captain they will take it away again. Can't wait.
                LMAO.......god your mean........
                Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Redders4786 View Post
                  LMAO.......god your mean........
                  Am not!

When you made Sgt, the gave you a frontal right. Thats what they gave me. If you think about it, granted you can still hold a rational thought for more than 5 minutes, it makes sense.

Going from just working, doing the job and having fun to supervising a bunch of cop who still have full brains.. In order for me to make it through a shift I have to shut off the portion of my brain that make me think on a rational level. For instance, I know its stupid to run 100 miles an hour to a DV call on streets that have a normal rate of travel around 25. I know its stupid, but for some reason the others dont. The result, at times is 1 or 2 dead parked cars. Rationally thinking this is bad, but when I think of it irrationally, with only the portion of the brain the PD allows me to use by contract, it makes perfect sense and I can help the Officer to articulate exactly why they only need to be off for 1 or 2 days instead of 10 or 15.

SEE, I am not mean I look out for the people I work with and make it possible for them to keep their jobs. Thats what a Supervisor is suppose to do right?
                  It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
                    Am not!

When you made Sgt, the gave you a frontal right. Thats what they gave me. If you think about it, granted you can still hold a rational thought for more than 5 minutes, it makes sense.

Going from just working, doing the job and having fun to supervising a bunch of cop who still have full brains.. In order for me to make it through a shift I have to shut off the portion of my brain that make me think on a rational level. For instance, I know its stupid to run 100 miles an hour to a DV call on streets that have a normal rate of travel around 25. I know its stupid, but for some reason the others dont. The result, at times is 1 or 2 dead parked cars. Rationally thinking this is bad, but when I think of it irrationally, with only the portion of the brain the PD allows me to use by contract, it makes perfect sense and I can help the Officer to articulate exactly why they only need to be off for 1 or 2 days instead of 10 or 15.

SEE, I am not mean I look out for the people I work with and make it possible for them to keep their jobs. Thats what a Supervisor is suppose to do right?

RAOTFLMAO
                    Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                    I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                    Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                    as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

5-s/s shirts
                      5-l/s shirt
                      5-pants
                      4-name plates
                      1-tactical uniform (BDUs)
                      Winter coat
                      Lightweight jacket
                      Raincoat
                      Air Force style duty hat
                      Fur troopers cap
                      Safariland inner and outer duty belts
                      radio and holder
                      handcuffs and case
                      Maglite ring
                      key holder
                      MK3 OC and holder
                      Glock 22 w/3 mags
                      retention duty holster
                      plainclothes paddle holster
                      double magazine pouch
                      whistle and chain
                      Monadnock Autolock baton and holder
                      4 belt keepers
                      latex glove pouch
                      uniform badge
                      hat badge
                      First Choice coustom fit vest w/ 2 carriers
                      Large compartment clipboard
                      Citation clipboard
                      parade gloves

That's all I can think of right now. We had to supply our own flashlight and boots, and I also added a cuff strap to carry a second set of cuffs.
                      Last edited by 99TAC; 05-05-2007, 12:56 PM.
                      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

All I got when i started was 3 s/s shirts, 3 pairs of pants, a dress belt, a badge and a jacket.
                        It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

My department pretty much gave us everything we needed. Only exceptions Pistol, flashlight/carrier. Other than that all leather, uniforms, boots, were all provided. Oh had to pay like 100 bucks for a vest they paid the rest.

Comment

Handgun, badge, and policy manual to read and find out what else I needed to procure. Oh, and access to my uniform allowance to pay for most of the equipment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5459 users online. 301 members and 5158 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X