300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stir Up Shirt Stays

To those officers who use the stir up style of shirt stays (the ones that loop around your foot instead of attatching to your sock), how do you keep it from itching and rubbing against your leg? Starts to get bothersome halfway into a 12 hour shift. I thought about buying some long legged athletic underwear but I don’t think wearing compression style pants for 12 hours is good for your circulation, and it’s hot down here in Florida lol

Tuck your shirt ends into your shorts. Keeps them snug. No elastic needed.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Until you bend over and your tight-whiteys show!

Comment

No one should be wearing Whiteys...no one.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Get the belt for inside your pants. It’s a Velcro type material and it’s pretty comfortable. It’s much more comfortable and keeps your shirt tighter. I tried the clips and they didn’t work out. They wouldn’t stay clipped. I got the thinnest one first and it wasn’t very durable, but the medium is good. Check your local uniform shop.

Comment

I tried the belt long ago, and it didn't work worth a darn. It would inevitably ride up and be visible above my Sam Browne. I've been wearing the stirrup style shirt stays for 7 years. I just got used to it. If you can find a particular point where it's rubbing, you could try covering that part with something softer... or if it's the metal part, wrap it with electrical tape or something. I usually don't press my uniforms anymore since we wear the BDU style, but I can't stand to have the shirt coming up out of my pants.

Comment

Hmmm...I’ve never had that issue. I keep it pretty low on my waste though.The shirt stays never clamped tight enough and I kept having to fold the shirt over about 3-4 times for it to secure and they kept coming unclamped. It was really frustrating. It probably depends on the uniform, body style, etc. I would try both to be honest. Different things work for different people. The Elastic made my pants look funny when I would sit down also. Not to mention if I had to run.

Comment

Do the penny and rubber band trick. Place a penny on the back side of the shirt and feed it through the metal loop. Wrap a rubber band around the penny and shirt and it will last until you take it off. Ditch those rubber pieces that come with the shirt stays.
                I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  No one should be wearing Whiteys...no one.
                  Racist!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8815 users online. 386 members and 8429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X