300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I start FTO friday!

I just got my uniforms and badge today! I can't freaking wait. For so long I wanted this job, and now I got it. It seems almost surreal, I still can't believe I am now a LEO! Did it feel the same way to you guys?
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post
    I just got my uniforms and badge today! I can't freaking wait. For so long I wanted this job, and now I got it. It seems almost surreal, I still can't believe I am now a LEO! Did it feel the same way to you guys?
    Congrats, when or are you going to an Academy?

Good luck. Be safe.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
      Congrats, when or are you going to an Academy?

Good luck. Be safe.
      No, I self sponsored myself through the academy, so I'm good to hook. Thanks, and you know I'll try to be safe, nothing better to work on getting cat like reflexes than dodging irate colonels wives at the main gate of a busy AF base!
      You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Good job then.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Wasn't exactly fun, but I got to wear my uniform for the first time! That in it self made it worth while, to give me something to be proud of wearing!

Comment

I know the exictement you are talking about... I'm guessing that night when you went home you put on all your gear and looked at yourself in the mirror... if not then i mean yeah i didn't do that either....

Congrats!!!

Comment

Well I self sponsored through the academy as well. Its EXTRA sweet when you finally make it after having to do all that mess on your own dime. Congrants man. I know I was beside myself when I started on my first day. Its almost a month later since my first day and I still dont think it has set in really.

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by P.I.Davis View Post
                Well I self sponsored through the academy as well. Its EXTRA sweet when you finally make it after having to do all that mess on your own dime. Congrants man. I know I was beside myself when I started on my first day. Its almost a month later since my first day and I still dont think it has set in really.

Congrats!
                haha, I know what you mean. I've officially reached a month on the job, and it's just now starting to sink in. Even my girlfriend has noticed a change in my personality. She says I'm more "mature" now (I'm 24 yoa).

To the other poster, I didn't get my full uniform until the first day on the job, and then I was looking the hell out of my uniform after I put it on.

Comment

Congrats

Take it from a guy who just got on his own a month ago...

You think it's cool now, just wait untill that first time they hand you the keys to a car and you are all by yourself. The night before I got out on my own my LT called me in his office to give be my area assignment(we change areas every six months. He said, "Im making you 201 for your whole week, untill October...It's yours now treat them like your children." It was not until then that it hit me...For five days a week between 2300 to 0700 an entire geographic area of our city is my responsibility.

The next night, I got to put my squad bag in the passenger seat(which is the best part of being on your own) I checked out the car, Sgt came to my window, shook my hand and said, "go get em". Then I pulled out, checked my siren with a little whoop whoop and pulled over the first car I saw just to get the jitters out.

My advise is ask every question you can think of during field training and spend a lot of time watching other officers so that you know which ones are good and which are not so you know who to ask for help when you get on your own.
                  War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
                  John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Comment

D.o.D Cop, congrats! I STILL feel the same way I did my first day. And like Roughrider28 said, did you put on all your gear and look in the mirror. I'm not ashamed to say that I did. My parents put me through the academy and when I got home for a weekend, they were all antsy to take pictures of me in my uniform. They're proud, I'm proud, I'm still a rookie, and I'm still not over the "I can't believe I did it" phase. Oh yeah, it's been about one year on the nose for me now. Of course, I only work during the summer. That's going to change real soon though.
                    sigpic

Comment

What Agency are you at D.O.D?
                      I DON'T FIGHT TO WIN, I FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

Comment

hello all, i am putting myself through the police academy, like ya'll did, so i was wondering: how hard was it to get hired to a department and how long did it take? thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLState26 View Post
                          What Agency are you at D.O.D?
                          I work in a small PD in Florida, but I won't disclose my geographic area or what agency on here. Nothing personal, but I got to have some privacy.

So I found out today that starting next month I will be starting the second phase of FTO, going to a different shift, and I think they are going to cut me loose in a car, but with a short leash.

If that's the case, than I am nervous as hell. I'm nervous now with my FTO there... I'm just not used to dealing with the general population. I've been spoiled working for DoD in a controlled environment.

Comment

So I too am a pre-service graduate. I got to throw on my uniform for the first time this week. Holy crap that felt great (other than the 90 degree heat down here).

I start FTO the day after tomorrow. Anything you others wish you would have thought of on your first day? I am nervous as can be. I am at a department that never hires someone with no prior experience. I am a gamble to them. I spent all my months in the academy getting to know them, riding with them, etc. And it took a Captain (he was one of our instructors a few times and I got to know him) handing my app in personally and asking that they try "training someone from scratch" to get me to even have an interview.

Did I mention I am very nervous?

Comment

Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post

Good job man. Yea, I graduated last September and just passed my one year since hire trial period. I think it's set in for the most part now but there are quiet times when I'm in my car and think to myself....'Damn, I'm really doing this!' It's a blast, I love it.
                              For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
                              Faith issues
                              Challenging hardcore atheism
                              Reasonable Faith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5353 users online. 304 members and 5049 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X