Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a cop and a YouTuber

How do all!

I’d like to get some opinions on a topic I haven’t seen on here yet. I was just hired as an officer (finally!!) and start in Dec. for the last year or so I have been making YouTube videos, kind of a vlog, mostly travel and reviews with a little bit of my home life and weight loss.

What does every think about being on YouTube and being a cop? I enjoy making the videos but I’m also worried It might not be a good idea since it shows some of my personal life.

Should I delete the channel, or am I worried about nothing?

thanks!

No, keep you cop life and personal life separate. If you want to continue your YouTube hobby do it...but don't add anything about law enforcement.

Some departments frown on using their uniforms or taking video while on duty for social media, we've had some get in trouble for that.

Comment

Congratulations on your hiring. I agree with Kraut, keep the two worlds separate. Also be mindful of content you post and things you say, especially while on probation. How many times have we seen an officer lose his/her job over a Facebook rant? Check your agency policies as well.

Stay safe.
      Last edited by NW121; 11-04-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Do what you want. Nothing can go wrong combining the two. It’s a new world and you don’t have to follow rules if you don’t feel like it.

What could happen..?
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I was kind of thinking along the same lines of keeping it but not combine it. As it is now I’m a paramedic but I never mention it in any videos. And CCCSD, good try

Comment

Originally posted by kraut0783 View Post
            no, keep you cop life and personal life separate. If yrou want to continue your youtube hobby do it...but don't add anything about law enforcement.

Some departments frown on using their uniforms or taking video while on duty for social media, we've had some get in trouble for that.
            Read this ten times
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Why would you even keep doing it? Nothing like putting everything out there for all to see and use...

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Why would you even keep doing it? Nothing like putting everything out there for all to see and use...
                You forgot to start with, "You kids these days..." and shake your cane.

Comment

Man CCSD you grumpy bro.

Comment

This would be a good question to ask your department.

I would delete it. CCCSD responded the way he did because in 30+ years he (and I) know what can go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by ab04 View Post
                      Man CCSD you grumpy bro.
                      I’m not your “Bro”. You are not now, nor ever will be, my “Bro”. You haven’t earned that, nor ever will. Take your All About Me attitude and go somewhere else where unicorns puff fairy dust and rainbows abound. The streets nor the job need children like you working them.

You can go now. Here’s your Shinebox.
                      Last edited by CCCSD; 11-07-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

I’m not your “Bro”. You are not now, nor ever will be, my “Bro”. You haven’t earned that, nor ever will. Take your All About Me attitude and go somewhere else where unicorns puff fairy dust and rainbows abound. The streets nor the job need children like you working them.

You can go now. Here’s your Shinebox.
                        Last edited by ab04; 11-08-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
                          This would be a good question to ask your department.

I would delete it. CCCSD responded the way he did because in 30+ years he (and I) know what can go wrong!
                          I appreciate your response and this was the kind of answer I was looking for.

Comment

I would delete it to be on the safe side. You never know when that future client and or his or hers attorney will happen upon your channel. But if you decide to keep it, keep it separate from the police business and check your policies on social media.

Just my opinion. What ever you decide good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
                              I would delete it to be on the safe side. You never know when that future client and or his or hers attorney will happen upon your channel. But if you decide to keep it, keep it separate from the police business and check your policies on social media.

Just my opinion. What ever you decide good luck!
                              thank you I appreciate it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9288 users online. 315 members and 8973 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X