300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Job"

I'm wondering how close officers with time on are to their fellow police officers.

Q's...

1. How many officers are on your dept.?
    2. How much time do you have on?
    3. Do you consider the officers you work closely with your friends, family or
    simply co-workers?
    4. How do you deal with officers that you're not fond of?
    5. Are your friends outside of "the job" also officers?

Thanks, in advance, to everyone that replies!
    Last edited by CPDjock; 04-16-2007, 03:52 PM.

Originally posted by CPDjock
    I'm wondering how close officers with time on are to their fellow police officers.

Q's...

simply co-workers?

1- 10 officers
    2- 2 years
    3- I have some guys I work with that I hang out with on a regular basis. Very good friends...Others I see at work and thats it.
    4- Officer I am not fond of...professional polite. You have to work with these people, just dont associate outside of work.
    5- I have a lot of friends that are cops...a lot of friends that are not cops. You need a good mixture! As much as i love my job and as much as I enjoy hanging out with cops...you should have friends that are outside of LE, it will keep you sane!

Comment

Q's...

simply co-workers?

1. 45
      2. 11 years on current department
      3. Very close with my co-workers. Closer then most of my relatives.
      4. Just stay away from that person unless I have to handle a call. I will assist on the call then clear.
      5. For the most part all of my friends are cops however I do have a few good friends who aren't.
      Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Q's...

simply co-workers?

1. 400
        2. 30+
        3. Some friends, some co-workers, 0 family
        4. I'm not "fond" of any officer.
        5. None are officers.
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

1.) ~500
          2.) Almost 2 years
          3.) I would consider them friends
          4.) I don't hang out w/ them, but when it comes to the job....Im behind you 110% regardless.
          5.) A few, not many.

Comment

i'm waiting for someone from Charlotte Mecklinburg Police Department to respond... over 1600 sworn in officers!
            John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Q's...

simply co-workers?

1.) About 3000
              2.) 6 Years
              3.) The ones I've been around with for awhile are better than family. News ones are simply co-workers still otherwise proven.
              4.) Stay away from completely, and dont get me involved. Aint losing my job.
              5.) I'm closer to my police friends, than ones I grew up with. I talk to them (police) more frequently as there are always questions that come up.

Comment

1. 30 Officers
                2. 8yrs
                3. I am very close with some, not so close with others.
                4. I try very hard to get along with everyone from the Chief down to the guy who cleans the toilet. You never know who your going to have to depend on some day.
                5. Some are cops, some are not. It's good to have a healthy mix. Most of the cops that I know who only hang with other cops, are not very happy people. Also being friends with civilians helps you keep a healthy perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock View Post

Q's...

simply co-workers?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
                  Last edited by kywildcats; 04-29-2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

1.6000ish
                    2. 11 years
                    3. Family and friends. Who else would be there for you when the sh1t hits the fan?
                    4. Ignore them. Unless they are in need of help. Then all dislikes are out the window.
                    5. Very few. It can get old quick listening to cop-speak all the time.
                    "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
                    http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

1. 165 sworn.
                      2. 18 years.
                      3. A lot are friends; a lot I consider family; a couple are just guys I work with.
                      4. Remain cordial with them, but don't hang out with them when I have a choice.
                      5. Most of my friends outside the job aren't officers. My closer friends include a building maintenance worker, a couple engineers and a computer marketing director. You have to have friends who aren't cops.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

1. 10,000(give or take)
                        2. 18 years
                        3. A bunch are friends, a few are brothers/sisters to me, some are just co-workers
                        4. Always nice to them, they are my back up after all.
                        5. Only have 1 or 2 friends outside of work that are coppers somewhere else.
                        Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by EMVAMPYRE View Post
                          1. 10,000(give or take)
                          2. 18 years
                          3. A bunch are friends, a few are brothers/sisters to me, some are just co-workers
                          4. Always nice to them, they are my back up after all.
                          5. Only have 1 or 2 friends outside of work that are coppers somewhere else.
                          1. 700
                          2-5, exactly as EMVAMPYRE said.

Comment

34 Road deputies, 52 jail deputies

13 years total

simply co-workers?
                            There are a couple that are closer than family, a bunch that are my freinds, and few that I wouldn't say two words to outside of work.

Professionally. At work, I treat them like any other officer. We're all on the same team and need to have each other's back, no matter what our personal feelings may be. Away from work, I may acknowledge them if I run into them, but we don't run in the same circles.

I have many friends that are officers. I also have friends who aren't. In fact, the friends I probably spend the most time with are not cops. Fortunately, they understand and we rarely discuss my job. I think that helps keep them my friends.
                            Originally posted by kontemplerande
                            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Q's...

simply co-workers?

1. Roughly 45-55 (new guys in the academy)
                              2. 3 Years (Detective already )
                              3. Their my brotherhood for police, most are friends, some are just co-workers. But I usually get along with everyone.
                              4. If your not fond of an officer, just dont talk to them. If your forced to, then keep it professional and leave it as that.
                              5. I have friends outside the job that are not officers, but of course you tend to hangout with alot that are, b/c your around them so much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8008 users online. 405 members and 7603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X