300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police academy nervousness

So I'm about to start my 8th week of the academy out if 26, I've loved every minute of it, from the PT during hell week to classes about the "survival mindset". Most of these first 7 weeks were focused on firearms training, which I had no prior experience with, so that had me a little worried. But I qualified with all 3 firearms. During my practical's for handcuffing so far, I was able to execute the objectives and pass the scenario. However I'm always nervous doing so, I'm not sure if it's because I don't want to mess up and be dismissed. I've even been told that I have the technique down, I just need to breath.

I love the training and love the excitement of being able to get up every morning and go train to do what I've wanted to do my entire life. Is there any kind of breathing and technique I could use to calm my nerves and be confident that I will get past it and graduate?

Most of the time once I get used to something and the more I do it. The more I get more confident and can do it a lot easier and quicker.
    Last edited by Johnnymont27; 08-12-2018, 09:17 AM.

Don’t worry about a breathing technique just follow your training. Think about what you are supposed to do then in the scenario do it.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Always be systematic and thorough, it will come easier with time
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

edit edit edit
        Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 08-13-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9475 users online. 353 members and 9122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X