Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a general discharge from the national guard while on the job

Hello,

Long story short, my mother had a slip and fall incident a few weeks back and it has gotten to a point where she is dealing with immense pain. I have an annual training coming up this week with the National guard but my mother has all these doctor's appointments and physical therapies to attend. I am the only immediate family member that lives with her and the only one within the vicinity of NYC. I couldn't get the proper documentation my first sergeant asked for to be excused from annual training so I am contemplating on just taking this general discharge to take care of my mother. Now being that I am also a member of the NYPD, if I were to get the general discharge, how will this affect my career with?

Thank you.

No one on here can answer that question except if they work for HUMAN RESOURCES FOR NYPD. Go ask someone in personnel and you will get your answer
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Why take the discharge? Can you make up the training with another unit? I would go above the 1st Sgt. and outside the unit to see what my options were.

Comment

Yea something isn't adding up. I missed two AT's, each one for a different academy and they never batted an eye. I know guys who were excused from deployments due to issues similar to yours. It sounds like you first shirt is screwing you. Sounds like your NCO COC needs to get you in touch with your appropriate SGM and make things happen.

Comment

A general under honorable wont kill you. So many PT failures active duty have them and go into police.

Comment

Anything less than Honorable and you’ll have explaining to do.

DD214’s follow you the rest of your life.

Comment

Guys, he posted this question about a year ago...

Comment

No kidding. Bunch a sharp eyed Police there...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11592 users online. 514 members and 11078 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X