Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you write your first criminal ticket..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you write your first criminal ticket..

Don't forget to give the violator his copy!!! DUH!!!

and if you forget, it gives your FTO something to laugh at! whoops, rookie mistake!
    "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

i had a buddy who went to his first traffic accident and forgot to get the vehicle information. He was on the phone the rest of the night trying to track down the owners. I would love to say that i didn't laugh at him.
    The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
    -Neal Boortz

Comment

I work for a big department with multiple divisions and multiple courts... I checked the wrong box on a "release from custody" cite for misdemeanor possession the other day, and ended up getting a DA reject letter at roll call

I also went to traffic court for the first time after being on patrol for 8 months... I looked at my copy of the ticket that I received at court and realized I forgot to put in the location of the violation. I ended having the ticket dismissed in order to spare myself from being laughed at... besides, I write 2-3 tickets per night and had no clue where the violation had taken place.....
      Yes I'm a LEO... but I do no care enough to go through the trouble of changing the screen name.... sorry

Comment

I'm going on duty in an hour, i'm gonna go sit at the same place I saw the violator yesterday for a few and hope he passes by... just so I can save atleast some dignity for myself...

It was funny though! i just kinda hung my head and went.."ah man!"
        "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Don't feel to bad, my first week I was writing a criminal violation and instead of giving them just the yellow copy, i gave them all the copies and kept the yellow for myself. Luckily I had figured it out as soon as I returned to the vehicle and was able to run him down and get my copies back.
          "A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living".
          John F Kennedy, US

Comment

Make sure you check the signature that the violator signs against the one on their D.L. I had a buddy get a ticket signed Elvis Presley. That was 5 years ago and we still give him crap about it. I always make sure the signatures are legible and even make them resign if I can't tell what it says.

And I've given the wrong copy, forgot to give them a copy and those I just try to keep quiet.
            The views I share are my own, and do not represent the opinions of my employing agency.

Comment

I lost the depts. key to the county forensics lab when I was on FTO. It's a electronic key the opens the door to the evidence drop room. We only had one... Opps. I felt like an ***.
              "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

I drove our squad into a bridge... not over, not under, not through....INTO.

I still hear about it and I'm at school... 3 hours from the park!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post

and if you forget, it gives your FTO something to laugh at! whoops, rookie mistake!
                  just mail it to him...duh

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post

Hey bro, don't feel bad. Once, I left the property bag of my DUI arrest on the roof of the car, I was about a mile from KS ( KS is the acronym for the HP HQ in Phoenix ) on I-17 when I realized it. Somehow, this property bag stayed on the roof of the car - thank God.

never, ever, ever, put anything on the roof of the patrol car.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

I still sometimes forget to give people back their DL's (especially if I put it in my visor).
                      "A fighter never knows when it's the last bell. He doesn't want to face that." - Sugar Ray Leonard

Comment

I've come close to forgetting to give back a DL. I stick it on my shirt pocket so it's held there by my pens. If I forget, the person usually says "uh.. can I have my drivers license back?" since it's easy for them to see.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AZLawDawg View Post
                          Hey bro, don't feel bad. Once, I left the property bag of my DUI arrest on the roof of the car, I was about a mile from KS ( KS is the acronym for the HP HQ in Phoenix ) on I-17 when I realized it. Somehow, this property bag stayed on the roof of the car - thank God.

never, ever, ever, put anything on the roof of the patrol car.
                          Hahaha....good advice, I've pulled into the PD lot and not been able to find the alco sensor til i looked on top of the LIGHTBAR!!! Don't ask me how it didn't fall off!

Comment

Running stationary radar at night. Saw a speeder. Put the car into drive, turned on my car lights and crossed the median to start pursuit. The whole time I was trying to catch up, I was thinking "Thought this car would have more balls to it". Sarge looks at my gauges and realizes I shifted past overdrive into 2. 85mph in 2nd gear... not good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2726 users online. 148 members and 2578 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X