Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some officers (often younger ones) still haven't figured out they're not death proof. I was recently headed to a verbal disturbance. Nothing more. No ACTUAL CRIME. My backup passed me while en route to the call. He was probably doing about 15 mph over the speed limit. To me, that's just a straight up jerk move. Especially considering we were only about 10 blocks from location. He got there a full 30 seconds before me. His reward was getting to take a BS disturbance report while my trainee and I stood around watching. It's an unspoken rule that trainees always take the report. However, I told my trainee to stand down and let Mario Andretti do everything.

Comment

15 MPH over the limit and he is Mario Andretti?

Comment

OP, just drive normal speed to calls for service, don't go the wrong way or drive around in circles until someone else gets there first, just drive regular speed and you'll be fine. Only drive fast with lights and sirens for situations where another officer needs help. This is what I practice and it has served me just fine.

You don't need to kill yourself or someone else to get to a call for service, Calls For Service have been coming in long before you were a cop, and will continue coming in long after you've retired, they will always be there. Just do your job safely and you'll be fine.

Comment

Wait....didn’t the OP post on another thread that he’s IN the academy and failed the skid pad? What is he doing solo in a patrol car if he didn’t pass an academy yet..?
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Wait....didn’t the OP post on another thread that he’s IN the academy and failed the skid pad? What is he doing solo in a patrol car if he didn’t pass an academy yet..?
            Different Shorty. The other one is Shorty21. I thought the same thing at first though.

Comment

Phew.

thanks.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I'm an excellent driver! The Sarge lets me drive slow on the driveway on Saturday. But, not on Mondays. Definitely not on Mondays!

Comment

Yea, but he won the race. When you’re not first, you’re last. Don’t be mad you lost the race.
                  Founder & CEO, www.officer.com

Comment

As a departmental EVOC instructor, all I can tell you is what CCCSD has written.
                    Follow SOP and state law.

Why take the chance?

I really like my sh*t that I've worked hard for, and don't want some a***ole taking it from me.
                    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

There are no calls worth crashing for. If you drive quickly, efficiently and safely you are going to make better time by not having to slam on the brakes every time you approach an intersection or another vehicle. My driving instructor put it this way: smooth is fast, fast is smooth. If you come flying up behind traffic at breakneck speed it is far more likely they will panic and slam on their brakes or not get out of your way because they expect you to go around them or otherwise do something stupid.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12443 users online. 468 members and 11975 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X