300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Down-Pre-Academy Training

Well, my first day "on the job" was today. Went over my departments' mission and core values, did HR stuff, and worked out. We did our initial new hire test which consists of as many pushups and sit-ups you can do in a minute each and a 1.5 mile run. They test the first day, right before you leave for the academy, when you get back, and before you hit the streets. They want to see constant improvement throughout the process. Definitely feeling it, but tomorrow, PT will be even more strenuous!

I know you posted on the 26th, but congrats, nevertheless. I graduated from the academy last fall and just a month ago, passed my one year anniversary of joining my local PD. We've got a new academy going on right now and it sure brings back memories from last year.

It may be tough, but keep your head up and remember what you are working for. I think that's what got me through some of our rough PT work-out's and our 'hell week' towards the end of academy.

Comment

I too just hit a yr with my department/agency, keep up the good work
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Comment

PT has been pretty rough, but they are being much harder on PT than we will receive in the academy. We are responsible for 200 pushups and situps everyday not including PT. Honestly, that is the worse part due to joints hurting after you've done a thousand or more a week. I'm digging it so far though! Next week, we will be doing some ride alongs. We will work all the shifts in three days. Gonna be rough, but it's gonna be a blast!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11838 users online. 506 members and 11332 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X