300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you are doing good.

Maybe someone asked you this or you stated this. But did you catch the ahole who did this to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. CO View Post
      Glad to hear you are doing good.

Maybe someone asked you this or you stated this. But did you catch the ahole who did this to you?
      Oh we caught them alright not even an hour later it was a big manhunt with state police and 3 other parishes to the woods in helicopters and etc. they werent getting away and they knew it when theyran up the road in the woods from where they shot us.They are lucky they made it out of the woods to be honest.
      ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Comment

Pyxie, thank you for signing in to my Customs Officers Post in Introductions - this is how I found you and read this thread!
        I want to stand and salute you too! Bravery, and way to stay in the fight and get your fto's back. I will say a prayer for you and your recovery and your fto! I am glad you to are healing! And, like the earlier thread I want to know about the two scumbags and that justice is served with attempted murder on an leo! Please update us. God bless you you courageous "sister in blue"

Comment

You go, girl! Way to react. You're my hero, as well as others here.

"Long as you ain't dead, keep pumping lead."

Glad you're recovering. Anyone who thinks women don't belong in this job should read your story.
          "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Just read this thread for the first time. You are an inspiration to other LEO's, not only for the way you conducted yourself when things were at their worst, but for the way you are staying so positive during your recovery. I wish you and your FTO a speedy recovery.

My sister lives in Baton Rouge LA, so when I go down to visit her, Beers on me !

Way to go Bridget.

Ash

Comment

This thread should be a sticky. It needs to be at the top, and read by all rookies (and veterans so we don't forget). Hang in there Bridget! BTW, how are y'all doing?

Comment

I'm doing good trying to get over the boredom of my new job. patrol vs det. are so much different I miss the action. I try to keep positive about things because pouting over them doesnt change things and your still miserable. I really hope that the rookies would read my story as a eye opener unfortunately it took what happened to me as my own eye opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Queens Cowboy View Post
                  Just read this thread for the first time. You are an inspiration to other LEO's, not only for the way you conducted yourself when things were at their worst, but for the way you are staying so positive during your recovery. I wish you and your FTO a speedy recovery.

My sister lives in Baton Rouge LA, so when I go down to visit her, Beers on me !

Way to go Bridget.

Ash
                  I'll have to take you up on that one day thanks

Comment

Well THIS rookie read the whole thread and took notes. Thanks for telling us all about it. Here in my relatively well-behaved county, you can go to 399 calls and nothing happens. The 400th one will make you glad we already wear dark brown uniform pants. And you never know who it will happen to, or when, or where.

Your story is a reminder that you don't get a memo in your box a week in advance listing the shifts where you will be shot at, so wear your gosh-darn bleeping vest ALL THE TIME! Unbelievably, some of my colleagues DON'T. Even more unbelievably, some of them don't wear seat belts until they actually get in an emergency driving situation. Of course, these guys are the more "assertive" drivers who are most likely to need them. I haven't been shot yet (the night is young though) but I sure have survived a bad crash only because of a seat belt and shoulder harness.

Also I'm glad I stepped outside and practiced reloads for an hour today, and busted some caps, and found out that my new sights print 4" right at 25, and the gunsmith tightened the allen screw so I can't get it loose. Nice to know if I get called out tonight--aim a little left and go back to the smith tomorrow.

Most of all, you remind me: don't give up, always fight back, and look out for your brothers and sisters. Well done, Bridget. I'm glad you're back with us. Drop in anytime and I'll buy you a, well, a Diet Coke, I don't drink.
                    Smile Our GOD is a consuming fire! Heb 12:29

No one is entirely above the law, or entirely beneath its protection.

Rule 1: At the end of every shift, I'm going home to my kitty cats.

Comment

• Good to know that you guys are doing well.

Comment

• Just a update on one of the suspects Daniel Rhodes he plead guity and will be sentenced on September 25th. He will most likely face 20-30 years since he was not the shooter. On the other hand I will be attending trial for Mr. Powers the dumb teenager who shot me on September 17th. Anyone have suggestions that will keep me from looking like an idiot on the stand?This will be mt first court experience unfortunately I get to be the arresting officer witness and victim in court.

Comment

• Patrol vs detective is a new perspective of the job, which is just as important if not more. Althought you are not "rounding em up" you are in a postition to MAKE the case. Hang in there.

Regarding your upcoming court experience. The prosecution will meet with you prior and advise you what to expect. This might be difficult for you due to your involvement in the case.

As the arresting officer- being professional will come naturally. Just remember "Think- cop mode".

As the victim- you can be yourself. (but realistically even though you won't realize it you're a cop 24/7 ie mannerism, thinking process etc).

Just remember HE is on trial not you. He has to explain HIS actions/behaviors. You just documented what HE did.

You will do just fine!
                          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by pyxie View Post
                            Just a update on one of the suspects Daniel Rhodes he plead guity and will be sentenced on September 25th. He will most likely face 20-30 years since he was not the shooter. On the other hand I will be attending trial for Mr. Powers the dumb teenager who shot me on September 17th. Anyone have suggestions that will keep me from looking like an idiot on the stand?This will be mt first court experience unfortunately I get to be the arresting officer witness and victim in court.

Proud to meet you! I've not been on here much (busy busy) but caught your posting this morning. Incredible story. Good inspiration.

As far as your question goes: Simply tell the truth. You'll never look like an idiot. Take your time. These are things I rehearse before I go in court, because I'm a horrendous public speaker. I simply don't like focus of an entire room on me. Never have. I'm certain you'll do fine. Look, if you can perform the way you did under gunfire, I'm positive you'll do fine on a stand!
                            For those who want to argue religion, my views are in the sig. This avoids days of repetition and is convenient. Thanks and good luck in your quest.

Answering Infidels
                            Faith issues
                            Challenging hardcore atheism
                            Reasonable Faith

Comment

• well ive got great news the shooter plead guilty so no trial which im happy for woo who!!!! Hes facing 50-60 he will be sentenced november 29

Comment

• yea it is sad but you know how that goes defense lawyers will try anything

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4199 users online. 280 members and 3919 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X