Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there Deputy. You are an inspiration in courage to other LEOs. Don't let these scumbags that did this to you get you down. It appears that your attitude is one of never giving up; just what is needed in police work.

Comment

Bridget
      You have no employment worries at all. You have paid the price and your job now is to "Stand Tall". Your agency will treat you just as your Sheriff has said. And if another replaces him at some point I would bet a fingertip that you will continue to be secure.
      You have become a "poster child" for the Police and we all will respect & care about what happens to you.... forever.
      Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
      Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Damn right, now that’s courage. +1 to what everyone said about heroism, you truly are. Saved the lives of those who protect and save lives (you and your fto), no greater honor then that.

Comment

Anyone have any update? She said she was having the round removed from her chest on Thursday 3/22 and today is Saturday 3/24.

PS-- Pulicords, if you don't mind, would you PM your agency?

Thanks,

EDJ
          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

rounds

hey guys

I had the round removed everything went well it wound up being slug and jacket that they removed from my chest it wound up making a cavity of puss (nasty) in there so they left it open to drain yuck but it feels so much better to be out and im doing great and im back at home so all is well thanks

Bridge
            ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Comment

Maybe this is a sore subject here, and I am completely sorry for it.

But did you keep the round? I think I would keep it in a small jar in my locker, just a reminder why I would wear the vest every day while at work. You never know when you the vest will save your life.

Glad to hear you are at home and doing great.

Comment

Well guys ,as you can see we grow em' tough in Louisiana,and now you also know why "chivalry isn't dead " here,treat em' right or get your butt kicked!LOL.On a serious note Bidget,all I can do is add to the above kudos.We had a deputy shot in the 60s' that survived all sheriffs,and finally retired about 4-5 years ago(in his 80s') and just died a few weeks ago of natural causes.So I would say your job should be secure.
                Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. CO
                  Maybe this is a sore subject here, and I am completely sorry for it.

But did you keep the round? I think I would keep it in a small jar in my locker, just a reminder why I would wear the vest every day while at work. You never know when you the vest will save your life.

Glad to hear you are at home and doing great.
                  Glad you asked, I was thinking the same thing. And then when she moves up the ladders into desk jobs (is that really a promotion??), she can keep it on her desk and whenever anyone forgets or a newbie who doesn't know has the nerve to question her balls she can shake that little jar on her desk and say, 'Yep, I keep my balls in here.'

EDJ
                  "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Yeah I've already been promoted to the desk but I havent decided if its just plain torture or a gift lol I never thought about keeping it on my desk and shaking it at anyone who doesn't think I got balls lol great idea. For now though my balls will be stored in ""evidence"" until the trial is over, hopefully this year, atleast I got to see it in the jar. Got good news though Ive been put in for a purple heart both me and my fto which is awesome he made sgt.which is even more awesome and Im wearing my shirt to the awards ceremony that says rookie of the year cause im not ready to be called sarge, one day though! I'd rather be called detective first which is where ill make my balls sit on my desk for now. I can still get in on the action one night a week when I'm on call lol My husband hates it by the way but he knows better than to tell me no hehe! In response to mavriktu ... We sure do grow em tough! I might be in the swamps but I got heart ! That bullet will always be a reminder that not only I got balls if some *** tries to think otherwise but also that no matter what when I go in the field I wear my vest always and no b******g about it. I'm alive because I wore it My Fto is alive because he wore his and we are living proof that life out weighs being hot and uncomfortable.

Comment

Thats incredible.

Like others have said you definitely are a hero. I am actually speechless after looking at the pictures.
                      U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
                      Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet
                        Thats incredible.

Like others have said you definitely are a hero. I am actually speechless after looking at the pictures.
                        From a hopeful future full time LEO(just graduated Special class I training), you're now officially a role model of mine. A true hero and asset to your department and Law Enforcement as a whole. Get well.

Comment

I hope to continue to be an asset to my department and If anything I hope I can make rookies realize that this job is real and it cant be done half *** because it will only get someone killed. Your heart is either in this job or its not.I will recover and what doesnt kill me will make stronger. I personally look up to my fto but thats a no brainer He is my hero because he guided me through my situation just as I hope to one day guide others. I have so much to learn even though I have learned alot.

Update: I had the bullet out of my chest removed no serve outcomes of that. I also have an appointment with the mayo clinc so hopefully the best of the best can fix my radial head and I go see the neurogoist to determine what options I have to correct my nerve damage to my radial nerve. I was already told the nerve was not conducting and that showed poor progress on growing back on its own. Anythings possible I just keep my options open.

Comment

Originally posted by pyxie
                            I hope to continue to be an asset to my department and If anything I hope I can make rookies realize that this job is real and it cant be done half *** because it will only get someone killed. Your heart is either in this job or its not.I will recover and what doesnt kill me will make stronger. I personally look up to my fto but thats a no brainer He is my hero because he guided me through my situation just as I hope to one day guide others. I have so much to learn even though I have learned alot.

Update: I had the bullet out of my chest removed no serve outcomes of that. I also have an appointment with the mayo clinc so hopefully the best of the best can fix my radial head and I go see the neurogoist to determine what options I have to correct my nerve damage to my radial nerve. I was already told the nerve was not conducting and that showed poor progress on growing back on its own. Anythings possible I just keep my options open.
                            Stay positive, it does wonders. I'll be pullin for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by pyxie
                              I also have an appointment with the mayo clinc so hopefully the best of the best can fix my radial head and I go see the neurogoist to determine what options I have to correct my nerve damage to my radial nerve.
                              First off, I just want to say you and your FTO did a hell of a job to fight through this awful situation. Real life heroes!

Second, when you come up to the Mayo Clinic, you'll probably be stopping in my jurisdiction first. Let me know ahead of time so I can buy you a beer!

-Steve
                              The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

sorry im not going to the mayo clinic by you but the one in jacksonville fl but if i ever end up that way ill hold you to your beer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6256 users online. 367 members and 5889 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X