Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow those pics tell a story of a hero.. nuff said..

Comment

family

I had to make it home to my baby girl she needed me and when I was laying there dying its what kept me alive knowing I had no choice I had to live I had to go home I had a family to care for and I wasn't about to let my fto close his eyes either even though he tried I refused to let go! We are both here and Im proud I did things right I know I did regardless because we are both alive today. I don't see myself as a hero but the partner who was there when my fto needed me to be and vice versa. It takes a certain type of person to be a good leo and I just feel I was meant for this job. Some people on the other hand are leo's but this just so happens to not be there thing and they dont usually make a career out of it voluntarily or not. I feel proud that leo's think highly of me it makes me feel good that people with such experience can say atta girl. So I thank all of you. I'll try to get my fto set up on here so you can talk to him too.
      ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Comment

Bridget ... We are all here.

Keep in mind that while you are recuperating we are here thinking about you . If for some reason your insurance or support from other governmental entities becomes an issue ......... let us know.
        There is power here......There are thousands of letters that can be written and a publicity storm can be created.
        I suspect you will have all the support you need..... But there is much this forum can and will be able to do if required.
        We appreciate your strength ..... but just recognize there are thousands of LEOs here as your backup.
        Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
        Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
          Keep in mind that while you are recuperating we are here thinking about you . If for some reason your insurance or support from other governmental entities becomes an issue ......... let us know.
          There is power here......There are thousands of letters that can be written and a publicity storm can be created.
          I suspect you will have all the support you need..... But there is much this forum can and will be able to do if required.
          We appreciate your strength ..... but just recognize there are thousands of LEOs here as your backup.
          Amen Sarge.
          Invisible cows control my mind.

Comment

FWIW - someone posted this in the "memorial" section back in Dec...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57383
            Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Outstanding job to the both of you. I start FTO in about 6 weeks, so thanks for the reminder.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Oh my. I'm glad you're pulling through!

Originally posted by pyxie
                Well atleast the guys on my shift know I can hang and thats awesome I've already got 2 beers whoo hoo. Thanks guys!
                Make that three, plus one for the other half! How's he doing with this?
                summer - winter - work

Comment

my prayers for your return to full health
                  "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.”

Glad you are OK!

We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
                    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

I am clapping for you right now.
                    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
                    John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Comment

My sheriff has been very supportive during the crisis and he has been wonderful . Actually it was he who saved my arm the docs wanted to cut it off because i had no family to make that decsion at the time he stepped up and said your not cutting her arm off. I was suprised and happy he backs his people up. Im a little nervous as we all know election time is up. I dont want to get screwed under a new sheriff because im going through surgeries and im in and out of light duty. What do you guys think? The sheriff has stated to me I have a job for life but what if hes not sheriff anymore? Are there rules the new one would have to follow because I was shot on duty? I go into surgery on the 22 to remove the bullet from my chest and I go see the neuro surgeon to try to fix my radial nerve that was wiped out just a little update on my progress.
                      ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Comment

Never Give Up!

Bridget, you handled yourself in a manner seasoned officers could only admire during the first fight, but obviously you still have to deal with recovering from the injuries. The only advice I can hope to give you is to stick with it and never give up! Obviously your injuries are severe, but fight for recovery first and work on getting back to the job second. There's obviously no guarantee that will happen, but attitude has a huge part. Each injury is different, but if there's any way you can get back to full duty on your department, I'm sure you'll do it.

I work with a young female officer named Christina who suffered a similar, severe GSW to her arm about six years ago. No one except her belived she'd be back to work (she almost lost her arm too), but she did- full duty. You may have seen her on TV. She was on the last Survivor (Cook Islands-I think) series. Voted off early for being too much of a threat to the others, I believe. She didn't win a million dollars, but she made us all proud just by being there to compete. I'm sure you're making your family, friends and coworkers proud too. Keep with it no matter what! The size of your heart and determination is far larger than the wound itself.
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I would not worry too much about the sheriff. If you were to get a new sheriff, make sure you follow doctor’s orders. Under workers comp if you fail on your end to do something that is mandated, this could be used as a loophole to close your case. Your sheriff (new or old) would have a hell of a time trying to justify firing a deputy under doctor’s care for an on-the-job-injury. Also keep one other thing in mind, (maybe this will help to ease the worry) sheriffs are politicians, they like having positive press and in rural areas word gets spread around pretty quickly. So he would have to have a big reason to justify getting rid of ya. If all else fails, come here and let us know, I am pretty sure you have enough brothers and sisters that will support you and help out in anyway they can, myself included. Now, get back to healing.
                          Patrick
                          Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoRunIt1475
                            wow those pics tell a story of a hero.. nuff said..
                            BUMP

Theres nothing more that could be added to that - excpet get well soon- sister.
                            Last edited by Rohan; 03-18-2007, 05:12 AM.
                            "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Definately get a beer or two from me....I worked with Washington Parish SO after katrina and I know how crazy it can get down there.

KUDOS!
                              "Do not draw me without honor"

"Do not sheath me without Justice!"

Comment

Best of luck to you officer. My prayers and thoughts are with you. AS LTC Grossman, likes to say; That which does not kill us makes us stronger. I am forwarding your story to him. It is an amazing story of courage and what a hero can accomplish.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6554 users online. 378 members and 6176 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X