300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it ever change?

So as I look back at rookie school I flash back to highschool. Most everyone talks behind each others backs... no one TRULY supports each other.. And you just don't know who to trust!

As I read on here it's almost the same thing.. Those who think they know more and arn't afraid to show it.. those who bash other departments based on one or two factors.

I want to be an officer with all my heart and no matter what i'm not going to give up on it. But it really ****es me off to see so many immature people calling themselfs officers.
    (granted the two main problem causers in my class failed their state exam, but they are retesting today)

Its really sad that others within the college have heard things about our class.. Does anyone stop and think who these people are that are going to random people talking bad about their fellow classmates?
    (hah look at me.. i'm one of those people now..)

Every career in this world has those people, not just law enforcement. So, if you want the career, you learn to deal with backstabbings.

Comment

Well Said DeputyGirl

Originally posted by DeputyGirl233
      Every career in this world has those people, not just law enforcement. So, if you want the career, you learn to deal with backstabbings.
      Besides, I don't see much back-stabbing in here. It's lively debate.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Unfortunately you always have "those" people in basic or where you will work. Thank god the dept I'm with now is pretty much a tight group of guys that are great to work with. However when I was in basic a "rumor" was started about 17 circles of people away from me but I end up in the director of training's office trying to explain why she was informed that I said student so and so had sex with a mental patient at his old job. For cryin' out loud I hated the guy and I wouldn't have urinated on him to put out a fire muchless put forth the effort to "start" a rumor.

I did find out through the grape vine who "turned" me in. It was a guy that was on my basic squad who didn't really appreciate me being squad C.O. Mainly because he was a no common sense retard who I can't believe was given a gun and badge, and I made sure and told him that each time he made us run extra.

So all in all here's my advice, poke at the trouble makers with a stick and see how crazy you can get them, trust people only after an extended amount of time, then get them to help you poke at the others with sticks.
        Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
        I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
        Originally posted by weinerdog2000
        as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Sure there are many malcontents in any job, business, church, etc. When you identify them, stay away from them. These are the type of people that can not be pleased, no matter what you do. Find a good troop and buddy up with him/her.
          My "off time" interest....SGML

Comment

When I attended Police Academy the question was asked "how many of you all setting here (65 of us) think that at least 5% of this class should not be Police Officers and the entire class raised there hands. Just to give you an idea of how everyone thinks when you stick that many people together for 3months. And the same holds true for any Police Department.
            Stay safe guys
            Chris

Comment

i have seen this pretty well everywhere i have worked and its just the way it is. its hard to remember that we already have enough enemy's and should try to all get along good. part of being a police officer means having some ego and definatly a little nosy. i guess all that combines to make trouble sometimes. everyone is going to have a difference of opinion from time to time. just figure out who you can talk to and who is just listening for something to run tell someone else. if you stay out of the office and keep what others tell you to yourself and your opinions to yourself youll be ok. people tend to forget that you dont have to agree with everything another person says, overall most people in this job are pretty good people and after time everyone will have a tight brotherhood among themselves.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4328 users online. 268 members and 4060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X