300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone attend PTI in Illinois?

Just curious if anyone on the forums has attended the Police Training Institute at the University of Illinois. Im set to go on October 24th and need some info.
    Any suggestions on items you wouldn't normally think of to bring to the academy? I can come home on the weekends, so long term items are not necessary.
    Anyone that has attended this academy in the last couple of years please let me know, I have some other questions too.

Thanks!
    A. Gates

What department are you working for?

Comment

I am working for Plano PD, which is near Oswego/Aurora in Kendall County. But until 10/10 (I hope thats not an unlucky #), I work for the Lombard Police.

Comment

oops
        wasnt suppose to post here....sorry
        I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Comment

currently at PTI

I am currently at PTI and when you attend I will be the senior class. You really can bring what ever you want. I would suggest bed linnin and a good size cover because the apartments are always cold. bring a couple of pants for control tactics. Make sure you also have on of those long handcuff keys because the short ones are a pain to use. Don't worry to much because it is very laid back and an easy program. the only thing you really need to worry about is curfew and the college girls. good luck and I will see you there. By the way I am from Rockford PD and the name is washington if you want to look me up when you get there.

Comment

my dad lives in urbana,
            always wanted to stop off at p.t.i....
            and see what my illinois boi's go thru, rain or shine or snow....
            I been to the chicago academy where the haymarket statue is.

good luck to all...!!!!

www.schackdaddy.com
            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

A friend of mine graduated from the Chicago academy a few years ago, the first day they made them run through the projects and said that the gang bangers love to get there hands on the new recruits. That would make me keep up with the group! They also made him crawl on his belly through the mud, sounds like a great time to me...

Comment

I'll be there starting the 24th as well.
                If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

Comment

Hey how is everyone, what is the physical training like?

Comment

Gates21 I work for the plano Police department and I can't wait till you get back then I will no longer be the Rookie ROOKIE!!!!!!hahahaha

Comment

How have you liked PTI....lots of fun huh.....I graduated in September. I heard the classes that followed ours were huge. We had about 60 people in ours then 2 classes after ours had 90. Good luck!

Comment

All the other guys tell me YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE ROOKIE!!!

Comment

I didnt want to create a new thread because it is similar to what I want to know. Does PTI have a web site cuz I cant find it at all help me out please.

Comment

The website is: www.pti.uiuc.edu Hope this helps you.
                            If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

Comment

Thanx brotha' man

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4423 users online. 299 members and 4124 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X