Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie pranks!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rookie pranks!!!

    This prank was on my expense and I doubt I will ever survive it. Anyhow, around 2350 p.m. last night after rollcall, we usually sit around and joke, since our afternoon shift doesn't get off duty until midnight. Well, I'm pretty much known to play joke on my co-workers (silly ones). Little did I know that last night would be payback time.
    While sitting there, waiting for Shift Supervisor to let us go on patrol, Sgt pulls me aside and tells me that one of deputies needs my help with translating for one arrestee who didn't speak any English. Of course I said fine I can go etc. Jail is about ten minutes away, from my department, but you have to pass through the highway. Sgt told me to grab the closest unmarked unit, and head over. Of course I did exactly that. Before I got into car, one of my buddies walked up to me, and told me this "E is not for enough." Well me being dumb as rock didn't figure out what he meant by that until later. Five minutes down the road my car stopped, of course I was lucky, I was able to pull to side of road, turned on my flashing lights, got on radio and advised dispatcher what happened. She was laughing at me.

    About two minutes later Lt & Sgt pulled up beside me, looked at me and started laughing their heads off at me. Lt told me, since they couldn't find better prank that hasn't been used on new rookies before they came up with this one. To give me car that had empty gas tank and to see if I would ever figure it out. Hence why one officer told me E is not for enough.
    I'm still ****ed over it. And I did deserve it but this was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too mean in my book.

  • #2
    Too mean??? Toughen up girl, it only gets worse
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

    Comment


    • #3
      Doesn

      Comment


      • #4
        just another thing to carry in your duty bag now... a gas can!

        Comment


        • #5
          Are you serious?

          Too mean???

          WOW
          Irish Toasts
          When we drink, we get drunk.
          When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
          When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
          When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
          So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RedDog4
            Are you serious?

            Too mean???

            WOW
            Okay if you HAD that happen to you in MIDDLE of night, in MIDDLE of highway with cars buzzing past you wouldnt you consider that to be little too mean? Or better yet what if I hadnt been able to pull to the side hmm? Geez
            Last edited by DeputyGirl233; 09-14-2005, 08:07 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DeputyGirl233
              Okay if you HAD that happen to you in MIDDLE of night, in MIDDLE of highway with cars buzzing past you wouldnt you consider that to me little too mean? Or better yet what if I hadnt been able to pull to the side hmm? Geez
              Take it as a compliment that they did that to you. If they didnt like you they would ignore you, wouldnt show up on your calls, be slow to respond to your backup calls, key the mic when you try to transmit, and they definitely wouldnt play practical jokes on you. Continue with the "poor me" attitude and you might start seeing those kinds of things happen.
              Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

              Comment


              • #8
                Heck I got over that joke two hours afterwards, considering Lt's on my payback list. Just waiting for opportunity.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't think that was too mean at all, plus you should have known what he ment when he said "E isnt for enough".. also don't you check the gas gauge when you get in a car?

                  Originally posted by DeputyGirl233
                  This prank was on my expense and I doubt I will ever survive it. Anyhow, around 2350 p.m. last night after rollcall, we usually sit around and joke, since our afternoon shift doesn't get off duty until midnight. Well, I'm pretty much known to play joke on my co-workers (silly ones). Little did I know that last night would be payback time.
                  While sitting there, waiting for Shift Supervisor to let us go on patrol, Sgt pulls me aside and tells me that one of deputies needs my help with translating for one arrestee who didn't speak any English. Of course I said fine I can go etc. Jail is about ten minutes away, from my department, but you have to pass through the highway. Sgt told me to grab the closest unmarked unit, and head over. Of course I did exactly that. Before I got into car, one of my buddies walked up to me, and told me this "E is not for enough." Well me being dumb as rock didn't figure out what he meant by that until later. Five minutes down the road my car stopped, of course I was lucky, I was able to pull to side of road, turned on my flashing lights, got on radio and advised dispatcher what happened. She was laughing at me.

                  About two minutes later Lt & Sgt pulled up beside me, looked at me and started laughing their heads off at me. Lt told me, since they couldn't find better prank that hasn't been used on new rookies before they came up with this one. To give me car that had empty gas tank and to see if I would ever figure it out. Hence why one officer told me E is not for enough.
                  I'm still ****ed over it. And I did deserve it but this was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too mean in my book.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dvsmnstr
                    I don't think that was too mean at all, plus you should have known what he ment when he said "E isnt for enough".. also don't you check the gas gauge when you get in a car?
                    Umm when I looked it HAD gas But I figured since it was Sergeant's car, it would be full. Oh well Besides I blame this on my blonde moments.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      When they stop joking with you....... worry.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Better than your FTO making you ride in the back with a demented person.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Being able to give and take a good practical joke helps keep it all together in my job. You would love working with me!!!

                          Dave

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Im sure they probably could of thought of something worse to do to you. Seems quite mild to me. And sounds like you dealt with it well at the time.

                            Do you not have to check the vehicle you are taking out before leaving the station? (Tyre pressures / tread...fuel...e.t.c).

                            You'll have to think of something to get them back with. What goes around comes around..
                            Last edited by Kent PC; 09-17-2005, 12:04 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hey one of my old bosses used to say "it takes six-thousand mistakes to make a good cop" You are one more mistake toward the goal....
                              Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5899 users online. 346 members and 5553 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X