X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ed... Right or Wrong???

OK...

Like 4 weeks ago...

We started a class.... (Con. Law, and Interpersonal Skills)

From the day we started the class, to the day of the test was about 2 weeks and 3 days.....

Not very long to digest all that info......

I took the test on sat (8-20) and for some reason he decided not to give us our grade and make us think about it out all weekend.....

So on Monday, when we all got to school, before he handed them out he said that the average was 78 to 81 percent correct.....

You have to get an 80 to pass.....

Now keep in mind if you fail this test you have to roll back to the next class in the academy, witch might be out of your allotted legal time frame witch could mean that you have to start the whole academy over ......

Witch is embarrassing enough, but not to mention its like a $450 class.....

Then he handed it out.....

So I watch as he calls peoples names and they walk up to him to get their results....

Then I would see them walk back with really sad faces.....

The few that I did see smiling I would ask what they got and nobody had more than an 84......

Then he calls my name....

I have never been so nervous.....

I walk up there and decide to not look at my score until I sit back down....

The walk back to my seat was worse than the walk up....

I sit down.....

I flip the page over and see a 96....

I about fainted.....

It turns out I had the highest score in the class....

The person below me got a 90....

And the person below him got an 86, everybody else got 82's and lower!!!

Ok so now your asking yourself why am I ****ed?

I Come in today and find out....

Because all of the people that failed complained...

They just bumped them up to the 80 that they needed.....

What in the hell is that....?????

I study my *** off...

Take and pass the test with a 96, proving it can be done....

They sit around whacking off or whatever it is they did and are just passed cause they wined?????

Is this how the profession is handled or am I right for being upset?

_Dave
    I knew what I would face when I signed up for this war, but the battles are more deadly then they ever been before. I left my company just to prove I fight alone, and now imprisoned I've no one to rescue me! To long a captive and a prisoner of war, no matter what waits outside, I'm breaking down this door. I raise my hands up to the sky. My legs are weak, my mouth is dry, alone I lift my battle cry, I'll fall with honor if I die.

academy experiences

i think that you have a right to be ****ed. while i was in the academy, we watched as about 20 people who were failed out because they did not meet the required 80% score on the test. on the day before the test, the instructor would give out the test to allow us to review what would be on it. there was one person in class who would use his camera phone to take photos of the test with the answers, then look at it during the actual test. the instructors knew this was taking place, but they said and did nothing. this person passed the final for that reason, then the state test. what kind of Police Officer will he be if he is willing to cheat on the test to get there? the rest of us studied our buts off, and some of them aren't able to find work because there arean't any positions open.

Comment

Hey buddy, I'm in your same shoes being in the academy and taking these silly tests. Our first test everyone passed, the second test 25 out of 50 failed. They would not tell us who failed but most knew themselves. So we all had to take the test again, I know I got a 100 because I had the whole weekend to study and knew all the answers.. I was not to ****ed I had to retake the exam, however a few guys where really annoyed they had to retake it and I tried to explain to them that some people don't have time to study as much as others, if you have to retake it no biggie, you already know the material.

Like me for instance, I work 8am to 5pm.. the academy starts at 6pm. If we are told we have a test the following day and not the next week I have no time to study, get out of the academy at midnight then it's home to bed to get up at 7. I can't study on my 1hour lunch break because I leave an extra hour early to make the 45 min drive to the academy.

Sorry about the rant, I just wanted to give you soem other perspectives.
      Maybe just worry about yourself and be glad some of your friends got a little help.

good luck with the academy because I know how bad it sucks

Originally posted by OfcDave
      OK...

Like 4 weeks ago...

We started a class.... (Con. Law, and Interpersonal Skills)

From the day we started the class, to the day of the test was about 2 weeks and 3 days.....

Not very long to digest all that info......

I took the test on sat (8-20) and for some reason he decided not to give us our grade and make us think about it out all weekend.....

So on Monday, when we all got to school, before he handed them out he said that the average was 78 to 81 percent correct.....

You have to get an 80 to pass.....

Now keep in mind if you fail this test you have to roll back to the next class in the academy, witch might be out of your allotted legal time frame witch could mean that you have to start the whole academy over ......

Witch is embarrassing enough, but not to mention its like a $450 class.....

Then he handed it out.....

So I watch as he calls peoples names and they walk up to him to get their results....

Then I would see them walk back with really sad faces.....

The few that I did see smiling I would ask what they got and nobody had more than an 84......

Then he calls my name....

I have never been so nervous.....

I walk up there and decide to not look at my score until I sit back down....

The walk back to my seat was worse than the walk up....

I sit down.....

I flip the page over and see a 96....

I about fainted.....

It turns out I had the highest score in the class....

The person below me got a 90....

And the person below him got an 86, everybody else got 82's and lower!!!

Ok so now your asking yourself why am I ****ed?

I Come in today and find out....

Because all of the people that failed complained...

They just bumped them up to the 80 that they needed.....

What in the hell is that....?????

I study my *** off...

Take and pass the test with a 96, proving it can be done....

They sit around whacking off or whatever it is they did and are just passed cause they wined?????

Is this how the profession is handled or am I right for being upset?

_Dave

Comment

Just one more example of what's wrong with this country!

I think every academy has their own version of "that test". For ours everyone except one guy passed. And at our academy you get one more chance to pass. He failed that time too.

But it was a lot like the old fable about the grasshopper and the ant. Everyone in the class spent time studying. This guy played basketball every single night and didn't study at all. Then he was surprised when he failed the test. Everyone felt bad for the guy that he had to go home but everyone, including that guy, realized it was his own darn fault.

You are right to be ****ed. Heck, I'm a little ****ed for you.

Good luck. Continue to do your best no matter what anyone else does and you'll wind up being a stellar officer.

Comment

during my certification course, we had just two tests, and pass/fail on firearms quals and arrest/restraint/control (physical).

Our course was in January, in the northeast. We had at least 3 instructors not show due to weather, or illness. Others stepped up to bat, but it was not necessarily the same material.

When EVERYONE got an answer wrong on the test, the question was thrown out. There were maybe 5 of those on the last test. One person might get it right--because they knew the answer not from the classes, but some other way. When a huge majority got it wrong though... it shows it wasn't taught. (I of the OCD 100's got like an 85 on the final)

Reading how low the scores were made me wonder if that's what might have happened in yours? I might be way off. But that IS common, and no slight to the guy who works his @ss off and does well. IF that's the case though, your score should be bumped up appropriately as well.

Finally, at least in our state, all *scores* are then thrown out entirely. All 'tests' of every sort (physical, firearms etc.) are pass/fail. I can understand the frustration when you worked for your passing score... but without knowing the instructor's mind... perhaps the others shouldn't have *failed.* I dunno.

Of course, there's also one of the great lessons in LE. Life isn't fair. Even for cops who think it should be.

Comment

I'll, qoute you EXACTLY what a sgt said to me when i brought up the issue of fairness : "When you signed on did you EVER see anything that said it would be fair around here?" Be upset but keep your eye on your objective at the end of the class noone will care, you'll be certified & the best people will be noticed by their peers. Everything else is B.S.

Comment

So what I'm getting here is I Have the right to Be upset just keep it to myself?

At my academy, Our scores are put in to our file, so that any agency we apply to can look at them. But tests are supposedly "Pass or Fail". My grade was not bumped up... some how they all just got 5 extra points....

Guess I'll just forget about it.... and stomp them on the next test as well!!!

_Dave
              I knew what I would face when I signed up for this war, but the battles are more deadly then they ever been before. I left my company just to prove I fight alone, and now imprisoned I've no one to rescue me! To long a captive and a prisoner of war, no matter what waits outside, I'm breaking down this door. I raise my hands up to the sky. My legs are weak, my mouth is dry, alone I lift my battle cry, I'll fall with honor if I die.

Comment

You definitely have a reason to be upset, but you should be proud of yourself and know that you're A-ok. Don't let it get to you too much.

Comment

hahah thats funny you wanna know y i am in the NYPD class and that in itself is a joke... so the passing score is a 75 out of 100 questions. u can only get 25 wrong. soo the same thing happen to me people failed and they appealed some questions.. it comes out that 2 ques had double answers and 2 ques were thrown out. so you would think that they would bump everyone up on a curve.. nooo that would be too nice for those who passed so i get a 91 where as those asses that failed get the credit an are able to pass by skin of their teeth.. it suxs how they do that i just think i would h ave been alot happier if i would have gotten that 95 or 93.. I shall not be greedy now but then again that person could be my partner, which is scarry.. your not in the only one in the same boat brother.. nice job.. good luck keep it up!!!

Comment

Interesting how your academy works. It sounds like it is a college that runs the program itself. I was sponsered and went to the regional academy. We all took test on Scantrons, and were submitted to POST to be graded. The test results were sent from POST. The only way grades could change is if a recruit challenged a question by submitting a report to their FTO. An academy director would then decide if the recruits' reason was reasonable.

This sounds rude, but the best thing to do would be to shut up, and do what you are told. you aren't going to change anything, and remember you haven't passed the academy so why **** them off? Remember you are not an officer yet. Also get used to NOT using the word "like". It makes you sound like a 15 year old.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5443 users online. 289 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X