300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good rookie day...

I know all the "old timers" are going to get a good chuckle about this. Half of why I'm actually posting it. Laugh away... I know, I'm a goober.

Got my first PAYCHECK today for being a cop. (My first stint as Reserve was the old fashioned volunteer Reserve gig.) I'm still getting over the idea that they are paying me to do this. Then my purty new brushed silver nameplate came in. When I got home, Santamail had delivered my fancy new baton scabbard and beauteous asp cuffs. (loff at first touch!)

Had two good days of FTO this week. Thrown to the wolves a little today on a stoopid juvenile/harassment/hesaidshesaid mess--not abandonded by any means--the FTO was definitely along for the entertainment value. But handled it start to finish. Like I said, I'm sure *mostly* for the entertainment value.

I'm sure there will be bad days. I'm sure there'll be worse days. For today I was pretty darn glad to be a peace officer. I suspect if this were my bread-and-butter it would definitely be less fun.

But do you remember, waaaaay back then.... when you were proud to wear the uniform, and happy to hit the beat? It's still a privelege for me.... and it's pretty darn cool.

(and yeah, I'm old enough to know better... perhaps that's why it's even MORE fun. )

Originally posted by goober
    I know all the "old timers" are going to get a good chuckle about this. Half of why I'm actually posting it. Laugh away... I know, I'm a goober.
    Goober, yes. It's okay, you're new. In about 2 years you'll be whining cause you don't get paid enough.

Comment

Originally posted by z28kilr
      Goober, yes. It's okay, you're new. In about 2 years you'll be whining cause you don't get paid enough.

And get used to the he said-she said...better find some entertainment in it, cuz it gets old REAL quick.
      In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

a good rookie day... is:

any day you go home at the end of shift.

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
        between you
        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly
          a good rookie day... is:

any day you go home at the end of shift.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
          In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

ANY day you go home alive is a good day....
            What would Dirty Harry do in a situation like this???

Comment

I remember that feeling

But don't worry, it goes away.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by goober
                But do you remember, waaaaay back then.... when you were proud to wear the uniform, and happy to hit the beat?
                I remember when I first came to the Department 15 years ago, I would BEG the Supervisors to let me stay over and continue answering calls, etc. "Do you need me to stay over?" I hated calling it a day.

Fast forward to 15 years later... Damn, is it time to go home yet already?

I still love the job, but when my shift is over, it is over and I am ready to go home.
                Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3906 users online. 248 members and 3658 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X