300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly a Year, still learning!

It's almost been a year for me on this smalltown country hill force. The guys and the job has been way more then expected or prayed for. Working in this small town I never had a FTO, just the older guys answering questions and showing me the ropes (when actually working with someone) most of the shifts are 1 or 2 man only. I almost wonder if learning like this is quicker then with an FTO, there is no one to jump in for you or talk you through the situation before you arrive. Just kind of learn as you go and replay it. The best thing is I love my job and jump at every chance to put on the uniform. IF anyone has any adivce it is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Go ahead and run, we like that!

Originally posted by RPD13
    The best thing is I love my job and jump at every chance to put on the uniform.
    Give it time, that will change.

K9

Comment

heh reminds me of Blade III...

"Oh Blade, It's a pleasure to finally meet you!"

Blade: "It'll pass."

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Police
        Give it time, that will change.

K9

Been in 3 years, and I know exactly what you mean.

Comment

Like your enthusiasm

Good to hear how fired up you are! If that feeling ever goes away, be careful, that is when something bad happens. Here in RI I know plenty of officers, that get slowed down by the routine of the job. But, remember, it only takes that one stop to change your life forever. Read a set of books called The Tactical Edge, Tactics for Criminal Patrol, and Street Survival. Im sure you have heard of the set. It's a good thing to study always. Believe me not everyone can know everything, their is always room for improvement. Also, no matter how long you work, whatever shift, whatever the situation. Their is always something to learn from it. Stay away from that burnt out feeling. If the job ever starts getting you down, remember your brothers on the forums are hear for advice! Good luck, and remember "Failure is not an Option"

Comment

Originally posted by columbo
            Read a set of books called The Tactical Edge, Tactics for Criminal Patrol, and Street Survival.
            The books are good but if you can get your PD to play for the classes.....that's even better yet!

Comment

Im with you on this one. I started in Oct 2004, there is SO much to learn, but its a great job and I love going out in uniform. I work just outside London, its quite busy and thankfully Ive had an officer with me while out on patrol..... however, that changes as of next week when Im one my own!!

Matt

Comment

If you ever stop learning, or lose the yearn to learn, if you will.... it's time to get out
                What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

Eleven years and still learning, still take great pride in putting on my uniform and what it stands for. Sadly I would never speak ill of officers who don't enjoy the job anymore because sometimes bad things happen to good people and things don't work out. But If you are lucky like me and have your good/bad days(months or even years) but overall things are good, then enjoy it, keep the enthusiasm and above all stay safe.

DD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2592 users online. 138 members and 2454 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X