300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First few weeks on the street...

have totally rocked! Sometimes I sit back and can't believe they actually pay me (and good money) to do this job. And this week was the first week I started driving which makes it all the better. I've gotten a small grasp on the radio, and the MDT, and some of the paperwork...but everytime I start to feel like I am learning something a new wrinkle pops up in the process. Nothing is ever routine.

One minute you are driving 70 mph, the next you are sitting around 'keeping the peace' watching some guy move out of his place after a domestic, the next you are at a gang shooting that just happened, the next you are just out talking to some contacts, the next you have a suspect at gunpoint and are cuffing him, etc...I can't wait to go to sleep at night so I can do it all over again the next day.

One thing I have found I enjoy a lot is just to wave or talk to everyone. Every kid I see I at least wave at. Every person that walks by me I say hello and try to have a brief conversation. It's amazing how many people will avert their eyes when I walk by, but after just saying a few words they open up. Everyone seems to have a story.

What a job!
    RIP Sgt. Henry Prendes...EOW 2/1/06
    RIP Off. James Manor...EOW 5/7/09
    RIP Ofc. Milburn "Millie" Beitel...EOW 10/7/09
    RIP Ofc. Trevor Nettleton...EOW 11/19/09
    RIP Ofc. Daniel Leach...EOW 11/21/09

sounds awesome matt! Reading this sure makes me smile to think that I have um........ 91 more "training days" to go.... but who counting right :-) Definately give me something to look forward to. Keep us posted!

Comment

hey there,

who's your TAC officer ?

also when is 1st inspection for you guys ? i might wanna attend !

Comment

lol, and why would you want to attend? hmmmmm..... try not to laugh too hard
        It is this Sat BTW

My TAC officer is Johnson, but we have been told this is his first academy

Comment

Guys-- always smile at everyone. Even when you are chewing ***. They will not remember what you said, rather the way you said it.

Another thing, if the dept has stickers, carry a bunch of them and hand them out like candy. You never know when you will make a difference.
          If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Gotta love Vegas. I grew up there, and it would be my 1st choice of anyplace in the country to work if relocation was an option for me.
            In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Well Matt... not to hijack your thread even more... but that first inspection really sucks!

Comment

You guys got off easy from what I heard! lol

I heard there were a few creampuffs that couldn't do pushups but other than that you guys did well.

Just know your stuff, clean your gun, and shine your shoes. Most of all though just have a positive mental attitude and be happy to be there. It's great training and the friendships you make will last forever.

Comment

Sounds like your doing well man, hopefully you continue at this pace and still have the same outlook a couple years down the road. I know quite a few cops who just go in for the paycheck and it doesn't make sense. There are so many other jobs you can do for just the paycheck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3084 users online. 190 members and 2894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X