300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting fto training after 6mos.

well after 6 months i am finally getting trained by my fto, i start this wedensday and he seems like a fairly nice guy. (not for long right) haha. well i was hired in july and had to work in the jail till it was time (ie: they mad e room for me on the road when i said that i was going to another dept.). The only ? i have is i'm rather on kthe small side 6'2" and 150 lbs. have any of u skinny off. got and advise for me. any at all will do. thanks and stay safe!
    It's better to be tried by 12..... Than carried by 6!

Well glad to have u aboard...now my question to u is...have u been to an Academy yet? Also as far as your height/weight...wow...bean pole??? J/k..but honestly, if u survived corrections and that h/w, then u should be ok on the street...just be firm.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

good luck.......just remember, you cant change an fto's rating once its been documented in writing, so if (when) you have a day where you screw up (everyone does) let it roll and just try not to repeat the same mistake twice..... dont dwell on it, it will only screw you up more.....

by the way....you should feel very lucky.....6 months....I did 2 years in the jail before the road, and an S.O. near me is between 7-10 years (which is normal for larger S.O.'s) so count your blessings and have fun and make the rest of us proud to have you as a partner...
      What would Dirty Harry do in a situation like this???

Comment

thanks guys , as for the ?. yeah i've been through the academy already. well now thaey waited till the last minute to tell me that i am not going straight into fto, i have to work in a school as an sro for awhile till may 19 then their going to let me do sort of a ride along fto thing this summer. so oh well i'ts one of those hurry up and wait situations

Comment

The one thing that I stress as an FTO is officer safety. The number 1 goal for me is to be able to home in the morning. When the hair on your neck stands up there must be a reason so stop and think...look and think again.

Never let the FTO get inside your head...never!

Comment

been awhile since i posted on this thread , now to get u guys up to speed on things. i did my time in purgatory( alternative school). so now i have been told yet again that i am going to start a regular fto school this coming wed. so maybe it won't change again.

Comment

Just listen, learn, and do what your FTO tells you, you'll be fine. If you screw up, take your lumps and fix it next time, never make excuses. As an FTO I can tell you that the #1 thing I hate is a rookie that makes excuses and doesn't learn from mistakes.

Also, I'm 6'0" and 130 pounds and I have 4+ years as a very successful officer. You'll probably get more flak from your fellow officers about your size than you will from the general public. Accept the fact that you'll hear 'Barney' jokes and you'll be picked on constantly by other officers. If you can't handle that, you may be in the wrong job. I've found that very few people will test me physcially because of my size, but then again I'm very good at talking people into compliance.

Good luck,
              Gibbmusic
              Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3775 users online. 241 members and 3534 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X