Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disqualified For Life?

GreetingsGentleman.
    11 years ago, I was arrested for having a pocketknife inside my High School in California, dumb mistake.
    Since then I had no other incidents with the law. Enlisted in the NG for 6 yrs, honorable discharge. Perfect drivi g record, no accidents.
    While enrolling in school to get Tcole certified(Texas), I was notify that my fingerprints shows my arrest, and that disqualify me for life!
    I dont see myself doing anything else in this life, for there is no other career as meaningful as that to serve others.
    Am I really DQ for life? or just here in Texas? Any information will be greatly appreciate.
    offense PC 626.10 California. Misdeameanor .

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

In Texas, you are done.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Ouch

Comment

This forum is for ROOKIES who are LE. It seems just like in high school that the rules don't apply to you..

Comment

Were you convicted and if so, how old were you at the time you were arrested?
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
            This forum is for ROOKIES who are LE. It seems just like in high school that the rules don't apply to you..
            Totally understand this forum sir. But wanted to get a reply from a fresh out-of-academy officer who would have updated information on on Disqualifications. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Anything equivalent to a Class A Misdemeanor or higher DQ's you for life in Texas. No way around it.

However, in this case you may be able to petition TCOLE for a review of your record because the only law that Texas has is against carrying an "illegal knife" on school grounds per TXPC 46.03. Definition of illegal knife per TX Penal Code is
              (A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
              (B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;
              (C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto, and poniard;
              (D) bowie knife;
              (E) sword; or
              (F) spear.

While schools may prohibit weapons of any kind on the premises, only illegal knives per the definition are a criminal offense.

So, something that happened in CA that isn't even a crime in Texas may not DQ you.
              A buddy of mine was arrested in Illinois years ago (high school). In IL he received a class B misdemeanor and was being DQ'd in Texas because 10 years had not passed since his conviction (TX requires 10 year wait after a MB). However, he petitioned TCOLE because the equivalent to his class B in IL was a class C here in Texas. Worked out for him and we went to the academy together.

Good luck. It would be worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmedrano95 View Post
                Totally understand this forum sir. But wanted to get a reply from a fresh out-of-academy officer who would have updated information on on Disqualifications. Thanks for the reply.

Obviously you don't understand because you still think there's an exception to be made for you

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                  Obviously you don't understand because you still think there's an exception to be made for you
                  I was desperate , had a moment of hopelessness when I wrote this post.
                  I'm only human

Comment

How would a brand new academy grad know ANYTHING about this subject..?
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Totally understand this forum sir. But wanted to get a reply from a fresh out-of-academy officer who would have updated information on on Disqualifications.
                      The director of the academy may be able to answer your question that members here already answered. A "fresh out-of-academy officer" is so new to this that he or she doesn't even know that they don't know anything about anything.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      How would a brand new academy grad know ANYTHING about this subject..?
                      Exactly lol.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

I was desperate , had a moment of hopelessness when I wrote this post.
                        I'm only human
                        Pathetic

Comment

Damn why is everyone jumping down the throat of this guy? A few gave good advice. But gents step back we were all on the outside looking in. I get why he asked the rookies. They are fresh from backgrounds and the whole process. They are some what current on what departments are looking around and for. Might not have been the best source but he's is trying. Think about this how many have worked background on here? My guess a few. The rest are either patrol or a specialty skill set ie.motors or detective.

Cut some folks slack when they ask questions. By all means jump the ones that ask the same question repeatedly without looking it up. In this day were we have low turn out for test and academys we should be helping anyone looking for advice
                          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

GreetingsGentleman.
                            11 years ago, I was arrested for having a pocketknife inside my High School in California, dumb mistake.
                            Since then I had no other incidents with the law. Enlisted in the NG for 6 yrs, honorable discharge. Perfect drivi g record, no accidents.
                            While enrolling in school to get Tcole certified(Texas), I was notify that my fingerprints shows my arrest, and that disqualify me for life!
                            I dont see myself doing anything else in this life, for there is no other career as meaningful as that to serve others.
                            Am I really DQ for life? or just here in Texas? Any information will be greatly appreciate.
                            offense PC 626.10 California. Misdeameanor .

No, not an auto DQ for life.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4055 users online. 205 members and 3850 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X