300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult Bosses

Edit: How do you deal with difficult bosses?
    Last edited by dark_fox; 08-04-2016, 04:05 PM.

It could be a few things maybe the boss just doesn't like you, your work sucks, or your a rookie and haven't earned his trust yet. Do what you are suppose to do, follow policy, and don't give them a reason to jam you up. After a year you can't make it work if your department allows it bid for another shift.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I think she straight up is not a fan of me..

Comment

Re-read JDCOP's post. Earn your stripes as the saying goes.

Comment

The one constant in LE is that you will have bad bosses at random intervals throughout your career. What you have to do is internalize your motivation and do your job day to day. Meet expectations (even strange ones), keep your head down, and drive on.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

"I backed into a pole while responding to a EMS/EMT call.. the pole could have been avoided. Within the same week almost rolled my vehicle... both preventable).. Miley Cyrus's infamous song is now my new theme song.. :/ did not make for a good week.."

You just posted this on a different topic and you're wondering why your boss treats you strangely...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's shedding a little light on the situation.

Comment

Yep! You created a stack of paperwork for your boss and caused him or her to have to answer up the chain. Remember you are at the bottom and it rolls downhill.
                Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                  The one constant in LE is that you will have bad bosses at random intervals throughout your career. What you have to do is internalize your motivation and do your job day to day. Meet expectations (even strange ones), keep your head down, and drive on.
                  Holy crap this is the truth. I started out with a really good boss and now I'm in that stage dealing with a not so good one.

Comment

I do as I'm told because tney have the stripes/pips/crowns. If I don't like it to the point that it negatively affects me them I transfer.

Comment

Keep your mouth shut and do your work. I'm betting the first thing I mentioned was your mistake.... FNGs

Comment

You're a rookie, every boss you have will be difficult. They're not going to be your friends, they're going to be your supervisors. If you go out on the street looking like a soup sandwich, the Lt., Sgt., and FTO will all hear about it. Guess what, they don't want attention from admin any more than you do. You represent each one of them while at work, and, as a whole, the entire dept. represents the chief. You make yourself look bad, you make them look bad, they come down on you...... Point is, the everybody wins, here's your participation trophy mindset of today is ruining society. Supervisors will be absolute a-holes to you until you prove to them that you can handle yourself and can represent the department without someone holding your hand or worrying about you embarrassing yourself or them.

Comment

I absolutely owned up to my mistakes. I did not create paperwork for my boss, the vehicle was not damaged in either instances. So please, if your going to be sarcastic or rude, don't comment. I did not realize sharing mistakes that rookies, like myself have done would create back-lash of being mocked. I wouldn't be asking this question if it were not stemming from other incidents that have occurred before either accident. I wanted advice on how to handle difficult bosses. I understand taking my thumps in my first couple of years, it's part of learning about being a rookie officer. This is my first time being a patrol officer. I'm not looking to be BFFs with my supervisor(s).

Thank you to the others who are willing to give me some advice.
                          Last edited by dark_fox; 08-04-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_fox View Post
                            So please, if your going to be sarcastic or rude, don't comment.
                            You don't get to make the rules here on the forum. The transformation of attitudes from when I started in LE to now is a little amazing to me. Back then, as a rookie, I couldn't imagine asking how to handle a difficult boss. The audacity! I reckoned myself to be blessed to have a job, because I saw more than just a few not make it and get fired. Don't read into that because I am not suggesting you need to be fired. Just saying, we learned to adapt to the expectations of our bosses. You may not be trying to make BFFs, but if you don't see the position you find yourself in from your boss's perspective, then in about 5-10 years, when you are in your boss's position, perhaps you will then.

Comment

Deleted post.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3285 users online. 161 members and 3124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X