Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Belgium we just get an 2 hour course in a class room. Just the basic legal do's and don'ts. No practical training whatsoever. Just on the job learning. It works just fine I guess, however according to newspapers belgian police has about 7 accidents per day

Comment

Less than a month out of FTO I was trying to be "Extra observational" and was looking in one direction while driving in another in a school parking lot I frequented when typing reports. Needless to say, by the time I remembered the posts in the parking lot, I was so far up on them I couldn't see them over the hood. One totaled Impala later I lost my take home privileges for 9 days and was handed the torch of being, "Post guy".

Word of advice: When you make a dumb mistake own up to it. Everything is based on reputation and when you have a reputation of being honest and accepting responsibility for your actions when you make little mistakes, that reputation will be your greatest ally when you make a big mistake. Also, you work a job where your office is your vehicle. When you drive 8 hours a day, you're probably gonna have more accidents than the average joe. **** happens.

Now on another note, I didn't believe the officer that told me to take pictures because I'd laugh about it some day... I'm glad he took pictures.
      Last edited by Matt N; 05-13-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
        Also what cop car has a rear video camera? That sounds like a soccer mom mobile.
        All of ours have them, they come standard in the new Ford Explorer squads.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan View Post
          All of ours have them, they come standard in the new Ford Explorer squads.
          as do our new Tahoe PPV's
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Last edited by dark_fox; 08-04-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_fox View Post
              I backed into a pole while responding to a EMS/EMT call.. the pole could have been avoided. Within the same week almost rolled my vehicle... both preventable).. Miley Cyrus's infamous song is now my new theme song.. :/ did not make for a good week..
              As long as you have an understanding boss, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_fox View Post
                I backed into a pole while responding to a EMS/EMT call.. the pole could have been avoided. Within the same week almost rolled my vehicle... both preventable).. Miley Cyrus's infamous song is now my new theme song.. :/ did not make for a good week..
                You'd be warming the passenger seat for some time if you did that in my work unit. I'm not surprised your boss isn't too happy.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
                  Today I was backing into a parking space using the reverse camera in the mirror. I knew there was a parked car next to the spot I was backing. On camera it didn't look like that car was so close. Well I scuffed the squad and the parked vehicle. Everything is able to be buffed out but due to department policy my fto had to notify the watch commander and an ET had to take pictures.

I'll probably receive a written warning aboit it too.

I'm 4 weeks away from finishing fto too. Today was not the best.
                  HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA Damn Rookies. Not like you smoked a deer at 75+ just off FTO or anything. Not that I did that or anything. It happens. Just learn from it and move on.

Comment

I use my mirrors all the time at work. If I am backing down, say, a driveway or road, I might also turn my head and look out the rear window, but it's a lot harder in a vest and gear. (Trailblazer helps, it was way harder in a Vic or Impala).
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9210 users online. 329 members and 8881 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X