300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that you're a rookie..

is the job within law enforcement everything you thought it would be? How has everything differed from your pre-hire expectations of the career?

Not a rookie...I have 8 years on now BUT yes, the career has been everything I thought it would be so far... it has had ups and downs, like any other job. It is way more paperwork than I expected when I got into it back in 06, but there is good reason for it!

I still love it!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

There's way more dead people than I thought there would be

Comment

I've found it to be more than I anticipated it to be, for the better. It's way more fun and enjoyable than I thought pre-hire, and it's a ton better than the police academy said it would be.

I've found that it has made me a better person, at least I think so. It's made me want to be better for my side partners. So that I can be there for them, when they need me to.

The reports, meh. You just write down what happened. Write down the facts, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Slightly more nudity than I expected. Mostly non-LEOs. Mostly...

Comment

Originally posted by AppState View Post
            There's way more dead people than I thought there would be
            And waaaaayyy more crazy people!

Comment

Originally posted by P_K View Post
              And waaaaayyy more crazy people!
              This is correct. There's also a lot more politics to things than what I thought. Also I'm in a small town and there's a lot more "bad" people than what I thought in it, I can only imagine what someone working for Chicago PD or Detroit PD goes through in one shift.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5445 users online. 309 members and 5136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X