Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dang it - forgot the date for a revocation hearing!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang it - forgot the date for a revocation hearing!

Well, this morning, I had a DOR hearing for a DUI per se revocation. I remember the case - textbook traffic stop, bombed the SFST and blew a 0.10.

Except I mistakenly entered the wrong hearing date in my calendar, so of course, my handy dandy system for reminding me just didn't work out. Didn't help I had forgotten about it until today, when I woke up well after the hearing time, and then hopped out of bed realizing "OH CRAP!" Garbage in, garbage out, I suppose. Shouldn't have relied on it, because now this drunk driver (who was a previous offender too) probably gets her license back. I'm kicking myself in the face right now for forgetting. Dang it dang it dang it.

I suppose the only consolation is that the hearing is only regarding her driving privileges...she still has yet to go to county court, which is coming up next month.

Must be the week for missing DMV hearings. I missed mine Monday as well. Still have trial coming up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Unforgivable. I suggest you turn in your badge first thing in the morning.

Comment

I can already hear the defense attorney getting riled up:

"Officer ChrisDeltaWhiskey, is it not true that you were too lazy to show up for a my client's revocation hearing?"
        "No sir, I had a mixup with my calendar."
        "AHAH! So that means you could have mixed up my client's evaluation? Or mixed up her paperwork? Or mixed up..... blah blah blah"

Comment

"Officer ChrisDeltaWhiskey, is it not true that you were too lazy to show up for a my client's revocation hearing?"
          "No sir, my calendar had the wrong date."
          "AHAH! So that means you could have mixed up my client's evaluation? Or mixed up her paperwork? Or mixed up..... blah blah blah"
          "No sir, that's not correct."
          "And exactly HOW is that not correct?"
          "well you see sir, I handled all of the paperwork myself. As for the calendar date, you need to question that sassy biatch Siri. I specifically told her what date to put it on my calendar, but she doesn't do anything I say correctly."

Comment

Report to the colonel immediately, trooper.
            You really screwed-the-pooch now.

Not really.
            He's done it, I've done it, you will do it again.
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra259 View Post
              I can already hear the defense attorney getting riled up:

"No sir, I had a mixup with my calendar."
              That sounds exactly like something a defense attorney would say.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                That sounds exactly like something a defense attorney would say.
                It's from experiences earned the hard way...

Comment

It doesn't help at all that they schedule these hearings for like 1:00 p.m., and I work nights. I try to get to bed by 9a.m. So that's like asking someone on a 9-5 daytime schedule to show up for a hearing at 2:00 a.m. Just another thing that only shiftworkers understand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4253 users online. 248 members and 4005 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X