300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California POST academies

Hello, I have a question about the academies throughout the state. I'm a military veteran/Marine and would like to put myself through the POST academy. I have service related knee injuries and would like to find an academy that doesn't run recruits/cadets to death. I'm not looking for the easiest route, just one that would give me the greatest opportunity of completion without further damaging my knees. I currently run a 8:31 mile and 13:46 mile and half. I can pass any department PAT but am uncertain if my knees will hold up for daily distance runs through academy. Any comments or information will be greatly appreciated. I just want to continue to serve my community and fulfill my dream of being a police officer.

The bigger problem will be getting an agency to hire you with a service connected knee injury. Why waste the time, effort, and money if it turns into a dead end road. Your best bet may be seeing if you can get hired by an agency first and let them put you through the academy.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I had knee surgery two years prior to the academy. Most will run you A LOT. There is no getting around it. The only two options are suck it up, use ice and ibuprofen, or simply move on to something else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3914 users online. 257 members and 3657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X