Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use earpieces on their radios?

I noticed the other day that my radio mic has a 3.5mm jack so I bought myself one of those clear little ear pieces so that when dispatch asks me if I'm clear to copy, I don't have to step away from the subject or risk them hearing what they say. It came in the mail today but it's clearly not going to work. Obviously my ears are far too small because the part where it curves over the top of your ear is way too long. Do any of you know if they make them for smaller ears? I tried doing a search on google but if you search for smaller ears, all you get is the smaller molds for the part that goes in your ear.

I have pretty small ears. I just got the standard one they sell at the store down the street from me. It took me a minute to figure out how to put it on right, but it fits just fine. It has been extremely helpful. Would not want to go without it. Now if only the PD would start carrying size small gloves...
    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Most of the commercial earmoulds come in Small , Medium or Large

You can also contact a hearing aide dealer had have one custom made to fit your ear

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_5inho3mdr0_b
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I have had several from earpro and I have never had one fall out during a fight or foot pursuit hope that helps

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I understand what you're talking about, and it's not actually the inner ear mold. You're talking about the tube that goes over the top of the ear (between the top of your ear and the side of your head). I don't think that part comes in different sizes, but I also can't really picture why this would be a problem. The tube should be pretty flexible and just rest on top of your ear and then come down to wherever you clip the rest of it. Maybe try attaching the clip at a lower place? Like somewhere below the collar of your undershirt or somewhere lower on your vest?

Comment

If it's giving you issues cut it and if u apply a tiny bit of heat from a distance we are talking minuscule heat from a lighter you can rebend the top part. I'd also order a few off ebay I got 10 tubes for 5 bucks I think. The oils on your skin will make the tubes brittle after a bit. I also ordered a few of the inner ear molds as well. It's an easy fix and I hate working without it.

Comment

Break a paperclip in half, straighten that part out and insert it into the tube. Form it around your ear and it will go on correctly every single time. I also can't believe people still use radios without earpieces...makes being stealthy during building searches and whatnot worlds safer

Comment

I use mine daily.

Listen Only Scorpion Earpiece ,not expensive but easy to wear or atleast for me it is.

Comment

I bought a cheap one for my radio and had the same problem. So what I did may be disputed - I couldn't find any info on the web, so I just winged it. The actual piece that fits in your ear can be pulled out of the tube. The tube itself is nothing special - its a clear tube. The sound is made from air (the actual name of the thing is a pneumatic tube). There is a little diaphragm at one end of the tube where it connects to the wires that pulsates, creating the air vibrations that the diaphragm in the earpiece turns into sound. The tube just is an air tight tube that carries the air.

So I plopped the ear piece off of the tube, trimmed the tube back about 1/4", and put the earpiece back in. Voila! Now on mine, the ear piece connection was a 90 deg. connector, if the tube had actually been bent 90, it wouldn't have worked. Not sure what yours looks like.

Also not saying this will work on every one out there, but I don't see why not. It's just a clear elasticized vinyl air tube.....

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys. I've tried the remolding tricks and finally got it to where it will stay in but now I'm I pleased with another factor. I don't like how the ear mold has to suction to your ear and basically eliminates your hearing in that ear. But I think I have found the solution that I've been looking for. I found the Rabbit EP1BC which is an over-ear type earphone (which is what I've had to resort to when working out as well because of my small ears). It hooks over your ear and instead of suctioning to your inner ear and eliminating hearing in that ear, it has a small speaker that goes right inside your ear. It was only $13 so we'll see if it works any better. I'll post an update later.

Comment

Originally posted by ClemsonSCJ View Post
                      Thanks for all the replies guys. I've tried the remolding tricks and finally got it to where it will stay in but now I'm I pleased with another factor. I don't like how the ear mold has to suction to your ear and basically eliminates your hearing in that ear. But I think I have found the solution that I've been looking for. I found the Rabbit EP1BC which is an over-ear type earphone (which is what I've had to resort to when working out as well because of my small ears). It hooks over your ear and instead of suctioning to your inner ear and eliminating hearing in that ear, it has a small speaker that goes right inside your ear. It was only $13 so we'll see if it works any better. I'll post an update later.
                      These don't hamper your hearing at all
                      http://www.amazon.com/Medium-Flexibl...words=earmolds
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Check this out: http://www.customearpiece.com/

It's a pretty good company, that I have dealt with on several occasions.

They have "semi-custom" earpieces which are pretty good quality, and I can actually talk on the cell phone with the earpiece underneath the cellphone still in my ear. It isn't like the cheap ear pieces where you can't hear anything with the ear piece in. They come in different sizes and their customer service is top notch. Shipping has always been really fast for me.

Comment

I use the SureFire Earcomm for the inner ear mold and have found them to be unbelievably comfortable. It allows 100% hearing and is comfortable for a 12 shift. They are available in S M L sizes and run around $12 for two of them on the SureFire website.

Comment

I was in FL recently on vacation, and noticed an officer in the beach town we were staying in (on the Gulf Coast) had a boom-mike headset on! My first thought were how goofy it looked, but then thought how easily the officer's coms could be removed in a fight.
                            Think folks, THINK!
                            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

I have a talk/listen setup that I use, but I am thinking of switching to a listen only setup with the regular shoulder mic. The key on the mic on this setup is too sensitive and I key it up about twice a week accidentally.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6334 users online. 348 members and 5986 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X