Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist comments - Discount a testimony?

Have a theoretical question...

I have a witness who is corroborating what the suspect is saying.
    However, the witness is also saying racially motivated comments, like "They just dont like us because were hispanic." and "I wouldn't give that up for those stupid white people." (victims are white.)

These are both audio recorded and in my report. Will those help make her testimony less valuable?

Ask your DA
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Ask Mark Fuhrman
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Welcome to the club.

Comment

The answer to this is.............
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
            The answer to this is.............
            Something that needs to be answered in court or an interview with the prosecuting attorney. The statements made by a witness/victim should not fall back on you because we are fact gatherers. We gather what we need and are told and compile it into a report abd then send it down the line so a bunch of lawyers can dissect it and and argue over it at length.

Comment

Its up to the jury to decide how credible a witness' testimony is. If its a prosecution witness, you can bet the defense will attack her on her comments in order to paint all her testimony in a bad light for the jury. If its a defense witness, the prosecutor will do the same. In the end, its completely up to the jury how much weight they want to give to her testimony.
              Originally posted by kontemplerande
              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

See "Furman, Mark"

Witnesses have to be seen as credible, period. If, for instance, the jury is predominately white, having two hispanic victims up there chastising white people is not going to go well for your case.
                Originally posted by K40
                To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Hmmm, I see how that works. Thanks for the 10-49 guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6367 users online. 344 members and 6023 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X