300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Sworn In

I know most are probably tired of these posts, but I have been waiting forever to get to post this after years of reading others being successfully hired. For 4 years I have tested (and tested high) interviewed and eventually turned down by a large number of departments, but next week I get officially sworn in by my department, and start the academy in 4 weeks. Looking forward to begin work!!!

I also want to thank all those on this board because the amount of advice and information has been incredibly helpful. Also for those still testing and getting incredibly frustrated keep plugging away. As long as you don't have anything crazy in your background you WILL eventually make it with enough determination.
    Last edited by BlueStreak21; 04-26-2011, 12:58 AM.
    Here is how the sheep and the sheepdog think differently. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day for the sheepdog is prepared and has the capacity for violence.

Congratulations. I wish you a safe and long career.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStreak21 View Post
      I know most are probably tired of these posts, but I have been waiting forever to get to post
      These are the posts we like to see............................................

I'll be glad to put up with a few trolls to see more posts like this one

Congrats
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStreak21 View Post
        I know most are probably tired of these posts, but I have been waiting forever to get to post this after years of reading others being successfully hired. For 4 years I have tested (and tested high) interviewed and eventually turned down by a large number of departments, but next week I get officially sworn in by my department, and start the academy in 4 weeks. Looking forward to begin work!!!

I also want to thank all those on this board because the amount of advice and information has been incredibly helpful. Also for those still testing and getting incredibly frustrated keep plugging away. As long as you don't have anything crazy in your background you WILL eventually make it with enough determination.
        Congrats! Welcome brotha!

Comment

Congratulations!
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Instead of making a new post I'll jump in here .. tomorrow I swear in for Baltimore PD and start the Academy on Friday .. so excited and nervous at the same time

Comment

Congrats both BlueStreak and BlueChord! I feel your excitement as well, I get sworn in and start the academy exactly 2 weeks from today for Dallas PD. Its been a long and tiring journey getting hired, but the adventure has only begun! Best of luck guys

Comment

Originally posted by BlueChord11B View Post
                Instead of making a new post I'll jump in here .. tomorrow I swear in for Baltimore PD and start the Academy on Friday .. so excited and nervous at the same time
                Stealing his thunder... how dare you.

: )

Comment

Congrats to you too.

Comment

Congratulations to all three of you. I hope your careers are as good as mine was. Words of advice: Do what is right, if you think for a second it's wrong, don't do it. Treat people as you would like to be treated, don't abuse those already in custody. WATCH THE HANDS, Watch their eyes, and if someone fails to answer a direct question they are getting ready to lie or to flee.

I wish you the best, and now it's customary to take us old guys out for a burger and a brew.

Comment

Hope no one minds if I jump in here too - I swore in Monday and am doing in-house training until the Academy in 3 weeks. More and more I'm glad I joined this job. From the crusty old Master Deputy to the Captain who explained the finer points of how not to screw up, I've met nothing but good (if not great) people so far. I consider myself a decent learner, but the amount of stuff to learn is going to be a challenge.

And last but not least, thanks to all the veteran LEOs here who've posted advice or helpful stories. They definitely helped me through the hiring process in many ways.

Comment

Its the good news thread ;-)

Comment

I know its a old thread but.......I start tomarrow for a PD in TX. After a year of hard work and sacrafice I finally get to reep the rewards of my labor.

Comment

I was sworn in on June 14th and I had my first day of FTO on July 12th....and due to unfortunate circumstances surrounding the character of my (now ex) Chief I am now am a week away from being sworn in as Chief of our small 2 man department. Luckily I've been involved in law enforcement in a variety of positions since I was 14, so I have some field experience but it's definitely going to be a new and challenging experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2702 users online. 152 members and 2550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X