300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob

I've been waiting to post this thread for about a while now. I got hired today and took my oath this evening. I go in tomorrow to get measured for uniforms and vest. It's taken a while to get to this point, but now things seem to be on track.

I'm sure I'll be stopping back by here and asking questions, it feels great to have finally achieved my goal.

Proud of you.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Congrats! Now the learning begins. Be safe.

Comment

Well, I know it's only been a month and a half since I was sworn in, but I received a phone call last week about an interview at the agency I really wanted to get on to begin with. They called me back on Saturday and offered me the job, so I now have to resign from the agency who gave me my start, just a month and a half ago, and I'm not even off of FTO yet. I'm nervous about doing it because it's a small agency and they just lost another part timer today, but I think they will understand where I am comming from. I am going from a 25-30 hour a week part time job, in a small village, that is unpaid until I get turned out on my own, to a 40hr+ a week fulltime job with benefits and decent pay in the county I reside in.

Any tips on resigning? I have never had to do it, and to be honest I don't think I've ever been this nervous.
        Last edited by jmw_LS2; 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Just be honest with them, thank them for the opportunity to have you work for them and be on your way... i would however try to give them at least a week or 2

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird87 View Post
            Just be honest with them, thank them for the opportunity to have you work for them and be on your way... i would however try to give them at least a week or 2
            Definitely give them at least two weeks.
            Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

double post
              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird87 View Post
                I went in last night and talked to my Sergeant with my resignation and two week notice. He said since I was still in an unpaid position in FTO that it would be better for them if I resigned immediately. The reason he gave was that the city council would only allow so many officers and if I stepped aside they could hire quickly and get someone started in the training process. He thanked me for what I had done for them so far and told me that I was gonna make a really good cop. I was actually pretty sad to leave.

Comment

It is better to leave some place that you enjoyed than to leave because they were all jerks. Remember though, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence, there may just be more of it.

Good luck.
                  Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Good luck. I have to agree with Rand on "the grass is greener" comment. I always tell people "Yeh the grass is greener over the septic field too."

for you city folks a septic field is what your septic tank (personal sewer) flows into. lol
                    "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4865 users online. 289 members and 4576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X