300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• senior citizen drivers...

here's the scene.... I get dispatched to a vehicle accident with no injuries and arrive to find a woman in her 30's sober and otherwise healthy and walking around outside her vehicle on her cell phone rearended by a 74 yr old 5'1 whitehaired granny driving a older model caprice(boat!!) who is not quite sure what happened and is still in the driver seat in awe of the event that just occurred. Multiple witnesses all saying the same thing, that the woman in her 30's was stopped in the left turn lane yielding to oncoming traffic waiting to make a left turn when the caprice nailed her. No skid marks indicate an effort to stop and the collision occurred at minimal speeds...with minimal damage to the caprice and a bit more to the honda accord driven by the younger woman....its obvious who is at fault here. Would filing the paperwork to pendot to have her driving priveleges recalled be out of line here?.....

I'd file it.
    "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
    I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

I file those all the time. The elderly can be more dangerous than a dui.
      God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

File it.

We had an elderly man 10-7 a man on a motorcycle recently. Motorcyclist was pulling into a shopping center; elderly man in a pickup pulled in going about 30 MPH nailed him; sent him flying.
        The elderly man walked away like nothing happened, went inside the store to get groceries, walked back a few minutes later and asked the crowd, "What happened to him?"

Do you want to be the Cop that could of prevented that?

Comment

Filing to PennDOT just has them retested. If they pass the retest it is just a hassle to them. If they fail then you did the right thing. No harm no foul.
          West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
          Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
          Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

none

She has numerous priors as well for "absent minded" traffic infractions and a few incidents at shopping centers where she backed out into cars coming down the lanes, even though she had a clear line of sight with no obstructions blocking here view of the approaching vehicles....so this just goes along with what you all were saying. It comes down to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
              File it.

We had an elderly man 10-7 a man on a motorcycle recently.
              I don't get it. Why would an old man verify the address of a guy on a motorcycle?
              “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
                File it.

We had an elderly man 10-7 a man on a motorcycle recently.
                He ate him for lunch!?

Comment

Just don't reference the at fault driver's age or call her "elderly" and you should be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6274 users online. 367 members and 5907 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X