No announcement yet.

breaking a car window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire tool... especially the ones that have the sharp tips on the end to remove the hubcaps...
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

I've broken a couple out with just my ASP and hitting it right in the middle...one strike each time! You gotta remember to whip it like you were trained, not to just swing it
      "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

The ASP works well, but not sticking your arm through the window is key.

Comment

If the car has a removable radio antenna, you can use that to break a window. I broke the driver's side window one time by taking the antenna and hitting it on the frame so that the antenna would snap or whip across the driver's side window, the whipping force is what broke the window. Like borninblue said though, aim for the corners, oddly enough those are the weakest points (except when using the antenna, you can pretty much hit it anywhere as long as you get the antenna to snap/whip into the window.)
          Last edited by sketchy002; 09-01-2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

A few of the newer model higher-end cars are going to laminated glass side windows - like the windshield they are all but impossible to break. Apparently it's even in some Volvos and Buicks now.
            "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" ~Albert Einstein

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...-Punch-End-Cap
              Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

Step 1: Unholster weapon
                Step 2: Aim at window
                Step 3: I think you get the idea.....

J/k Do not do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The problem is that you are TRYING to break the window!! Don't. Do like our dept does, use one of those nifty "lock out" tools to open the locked door for the nice old lady and watch the side window explode. Then, with the warmest smile you can muster, reach in through the broken window, unlock the door, open the door and reach in for the keys and hand them over and say, "there you go, I got your door unlocked and here are your keys."
                  Our dept had a trainee make it all the way through FTO without performing a lock out on a vehicle which was on the check list to be completed before end of FTO. On last day, FTO takes trainee to complete this task on a vehicle. Trainee does as instructed and window shatters. No problem though, experience is what FTOs bring to the table...had trainee do it to his own vehicle!
                  Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

Looks like these work well, but I've never tried one. I'd like to have one though.

http://www.bustacap.net/

Comment

Bustacap's work immediately.
                      No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
                      -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamkn View Post
                        Bustacap's work immediately.
                        True, but the antenna trick is more fun

Comment

Res-Q-Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8yLk2S83FM

I carry a black one on my duty belt now so it's always with me.

I'm also going to include a Vortex Striker flash hider on my upcoming rifle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EtzS6b4uo
                          sigpic
                          A L L G A V E S O M E,  B U T S O M E G A V E A L L

Comment

Break it like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yr71jjI90M
                            CHICKS DIG IT!!!

Comment

Every cop should carry a spring loaded punch, the kind used to dent metal before drilling a hole, and not in their briefcase, in their pocket, patio doors need breaking too. Every cop should carry a good knife. Every cop should carry a spare flashlight. Every cop should carry a towel, yes an ordinary towel, nice to wipe the clipboard off on rainy nights, and your hat, and your seat. Every cop should carry a hobble, to secure kicking feet. Every cop should carry two pairs of cuffs and spare flex cuffs. Every cop should carry a minimum of 4 magazines, probably more, everyone see North Hollywood video? Every cop should carry a minimum of 10 rounds 12ga slug in addition to what he is issued by the dept, same reason as last sentence. Every cop should carry a backup gun. Every cop should carry a map of his potential pursuit area, like half a state. Every cop should carry an emergency $50. Every cop should have gloves, leather and latex. Every cop should have a face mask for the crook in the backseat with TB coughing his left lung through the cage at you, works good for spitters too. Every cop should have been taught all these things by his FTO.
                              sigpic

Comment

This is what I use. It has a clip and goes in my pocket like a pen. It cost like $8.

I did add a soft top to cover the sharp point so it doesn't put a hole in my outer vest carrier.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4868 users online. 142 members and 4726 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X