Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And before you get to giddy over those domestics, consider that everyone of them involves at least one party, maybe two or more getting hurt, often some child's world is falling apart before their eyes.

Every wreck you respond to represents some unwanted trauma in the life of a fellow citizen.

Emjoy the job when you can, but never let people think you find humor or enjoyment in their grief.

Congrats.
    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SuperTrooper View Post
      Just off FTO myself. You know what I enjoy the most? Not having my FTO slam on his brakes, and tell me "Your in foot pursuit...Where are you?" He always managed to stop just short of the next street sign so I couldn't cheat. Now I quiz myself... Or my FTO asking me where another unit is on a traffic stop. "He needs your help." "Where is he?" Good Luck!

My FTO was terrible about this on midnight shift in the neighborhoods.. made me get out and walk til I found out where I was... luckily the roads arent too long!

Comment

congrats, tonight is my last night of the FTO program. I am solo tomorrow night and i can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
          I remember I worked for a ten man department. Three weeks into my FTO, we already had an opening, two officers quit, we fired another one. We had a Chief, two detectives, the Patrol Sgt, my FTO, and me.

I came to work, the Sgt said, Car 32 is yours don't wreck it, see ya in 10 hours. I don't remember anything else about that day.
          Almost a x2. My FTO consisted of riding with the day officer for the 12 hour shift, filling out the short "FTO book," and I'm done. We have 4 full time officers, including Chief, and 18 part time guys, most of whom have other full time jobs, and this is VERY part time.
          Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
          -Jeremiah 17:9

Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

Comment

Thanks for post OP, and congrats. I'm half way through my 20 week FTO program. Reading posts like yours helps me to remember what it's all about. Can't wait to make my own "first day solo" post on 2/25/10.
            Did you ever notice that incorrectly is only spelled correctly when it's spelled incorrectly?

Comment

2 more weeks and I will get to enjoy that feeling. Congrats to you.

Comment

I graduate the academy June 24 so it wont be too much longer and I can make that post.
                YOU CAN TAPOUT or YOU CAN NAPOUT!
                THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

Comment

I just graduated Trooper School for the state of Georgia on Friday. We get 9 days off, and then start patrolling solo on March 1st! Ill post back and tell ya how the day went!
                  And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not!

Comment

It was a great day! As its already been stated...just the pleasure of going on your schedule instead of your FTO's was the biggest relief. I wrote a couple citations, warnings..and rolled up on 1 wreck. Quiet evening, but fun!
                    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not!

Comment

Agreed with that BrianS...I am a PA Trooper and just got on my own last wednesday...nice being able to have my duty bag in the passenger seat!

Comment

haha the bag in the front seat is the greatest thing in the world.

Congrats to all of you guys who are solo now...it only gets better from here
                        Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4269 users online. 244 members and 4025 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X