300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Solo!

I know there are a million of these, but hey, its my turn now!

I had my first day solo today and it was everything I've ever dreamed of. All the stuff I want in the front seat, all the wrong turns I want, and all the non-looking-over-my-shoulder I want.

Its pretty great! Had a domestic and a few traffic stops, looking forward to many more days!
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Congrats!!! It must feel great. Can not wait, until I can make that post.

Comment

Looking forward to my turn, only about 4 months left.

Comment

Congratulations, I remember that feeling. Organizing my unit the way I want it. If I made a wrong turn, there was no one to say, hey jack*** you were suppose to turn left Stopping a car without having to discuss it or say a word prior to hitting the lights. Have fun and welcome to the real world!
        Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

congrats bro..i finish up academy in less than 3 weeks. Sweet man! Hope all goes well and stay safe
          Graduated Clayton Academy: Nov. 17,2009

Hired: Dec. 4, 2009

Comment

Congratulations brother. Stay safe out there and enjoy.
            "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

Comment

Congrats!! I recently experienced the same feeling, so I right there with ya brother!

stay safe out there, and remember to ask questions if you need help!

Comment

Nice work. I love getting in my rig at the beginning of each shift by myself. Nothing better than working the road on your own merit. Be safe.
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Oh man I can't wait. I have only 3 days left of field training, and then will be riding with a partner for 2 more months. Getting off training will be fantastic, not being graded anymore, etc, but it will REALLY be great when I'm on my own.

Comment

Well done. I too remember my first day solo.

It went like this.......hhmmm.....guess I don't remember after all.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      Well done. I too remember my first day solo.

It went like this.......hhmmm.....guess I don't remember after all.
                      I remember I worked for a ten man department. Three weeks into my FTO, we already had an opening, two officers quit, we fired another one. We had a Chief, two detectives, the Patrol Sgt, my FTO, and me.

I came to work, the Sgt said, Car 32 is yours don't wreck it, see ya in 10 hours. I don't remember anything else about that day.
                      sigpic
                      Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

haha thanks for the support/stories guys. much appreciated!

Comment

I remember my first day solo as well..AHH THE FUN AND STILL LOVING IT... Congrats and stay safe!

Comment

Just off FTO myself. You know what I enjoy the most? Not having my FTO slam on his brakes, and tell me "Your in foot pursuit...Where are you?" He always managed to stop just short of the next street sign so I couldn't cheat. Now I quiz myself... Or my FTO asking me where another unit is on a traffic stop. "He needs your help." "Where is he?" Good Luck!

Comment

haha i totally hear you there man. My FTO did that all the time. Luckily I got in the habit of looking at the signs as soon as I turned onto a new street.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4585 users online. 261 members and 4324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X