300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taser Qualification thursday

Thursday i do the in-house training to qualify with the taser for my department. Taking the ride is optional....i think im gonna do it. Man do i feel stupid haha.

Do it.

Don't be a chicken.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

haha yeah, I will man up. Just feel dumb inflicting pain on myself.

Comment

It's not dumb. Your instructor should explain that taking a voluntary exposure lends incredible weight to your credibility as a witness later on in your career. When people complain about "excessive force"; or the TASER did this and that to my client; or you shoot someone who tries to deploy a TASER on you, you having taken this 5 second ride will mean a lot to that jury.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Does anyone know if this could affect previous back injuries? I have slipped a disc in my lumbar before and was just wondering.

Comment

They should ask about previous injuries prior to administering the exposure. However, if you're healthy enough to PT, you can take the ride.
            NRA Life Member

Comment

DONT do it. its the worst 5 sec of your life. u get pepper sprayed in the academy so u can learn to fight through it and stay fighting, thats not an option with the taser. U might as well shoot ur self in the foot while ur at it!

Comment

Do it!!! don't be scared, it only takes 5 secs! but it will feel like 5 mins! lol...

But in all reality Sgt is right on the money about testifying in court if your department issues them... Been there and done that, got the T-shirt and the conviction.. I was grilled on the use of the taser and was asked several times why I chose to use it.. When my instructor testified that I was tased during my certification, that ended all those pesky "use of force" cross questions...

Comment

Itll make your back feel better along with headaches and sore muscles. sure is fun watching the video of yourself and others afterward though

Comment

Originally posted by krawler62 View Post
                    Itll make your back feel better along with headaches and sore muscles. sure is fun watching the video of yourself and others afterward though
                    Yea watching the video after is funny... almost worth the ride.. well maybe not...

Its worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee_1 View Post
                      DONT do it. its the worst 5 sec of your life. u get pepper sprayed in the academy so u can learn to fight through it and stay fighting, thats not an option with the taser. U might as well shoot ur self in the foot while ur at it!
                      Gimme a break with this stuff. Are you THAT obtuse?

Getting hit with a less-lethal weapon is in NO way similar to shooting yourself.

Please....
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

I would rather be TASED then sprayed.....it sucks for 5 seconds but then it's over...OC sucks for hours afterwards!
                        Take the ride and tell the rest that refuse to take the ride thay they can suk it!
                        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Qft

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                          I would rather be TASED then sprayed.....it sucks for 5 seconds but then it's over...OC sucks for hours afterwards!
                          Take the ride and tell the rest that refuse to take the ride thay they can suk it!
                          I'd take a hit from the X3 right now, get up after 5 and be done with it. Wanna pepper spray me? You're likely to get shot!!
                          NRA Life Member

Comment

People telling you how it feels and you experiencing it, is two different things. Even though nothing is 100% effective, it will give you faith in what you're carrying. Listen to Sgt. when he tells you taking the hit will help you in court.
                            Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

On the subject of tasers, if you took the ride once and got the Taser certificate and stuff. Do you need to take it again if you go to another department?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2968 users online. 152 members and 2816 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X