X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K911DEPUTY.36
    replied
    Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
    Sometimes a day where nothing happens and you can run some traffic is a welcome break from the grind.

Remember this piece of advice...any day that starts with a domestic is not going to be a good day.

my first day solo i had three domestics, a fight that the victim had to be transported my air, a burglary and a wreck :/...so yea i can agree with your comment!

Leave a comment:

• chinoxxx123
    replied
    How are you doing to far

Leave a comment:

• GrayPatriot
    replied
    Congrats on hitting a year. Time will fly, enjoy the rest of the ride...

Leave a comment:

• Presence 1*
    replied
    I can't believe it's already been a year! I am amazed... I've learned so much, and yet I still feel like I'm still just touching the tip of the iceburg.

This year has run the gamut in terms of calls... accidents, domestics, stolen property, shopliftings, natural deaths, even homicide. It's been a hell of a ride, and now onto year number 2!!!

(And, I'm not the newb anymore, we have new recruits who just came out of the academy...!)

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    Speaking of first calls............

In Cali CHP handles all traffic in unincorporated areas. My first station had both contract cities and unicorporated areas. I trained in the unincorporated areas and therefore never had to handle traffic matters. Of course as soon as I was off training I was assigned to a city. My very first call for service off training was a huge T/C involving 6 cars, a fire hydrant, and a building............

Leave a comment:

• iamacop
    replied
    Wish I could go through a shift without a call... Hell, I'd be glad if it was less than 15-20 calls a day...

Leave a comment:

• Feb2nd1979
    replied
    You will always remember your very first radio call when your off training and on your own. Mine was a hit and run non-injury Traffic collision report. My brother, who is a cop on the other side of the country, had the exact same first call also.

Leave a comment:

• Feb2nd1979
    replied
    You will always remember your very first radio call when your off training and on your own. Mine was a hit and run non-injury Traffic collision report. My brother, who is a cop on the other side of the country, had the exact same first call also.

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    How did I miss this, our little Presence is growing up.

Congrats girl you're doing a great job.

Leave a comment:

• rook21
    replied
    Me neither....

Originally posted by CurlyQ View Post
    I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• CurlyQ
    replied
    Originally posted by rookie2006 View Post
    I arrested a person who was sitting on a bench reading a newspaper on my first day solo. When I wrote the report my Sgt. got a good laugh, and asked me was the guy reading the Monday morning newspaper and it was actually Sunday. He asked me this because my report stated I observed a suspicious ****** person reading a newspaper. LOl it was funny though.
    I don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• rookie2006
    replied
    I arrested a person who was sitting on a bench reading a newspaper on my first day solo. When I wrote the report my Sgt. got a good laugh, and asked me was the guy reading the Monday morning newspaper and it was actually Sunday. He asked me this because my report stated I observed a suspicious ****** person reading a newspaper. LOl it was funny though.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Sink or swim. There is some comfort to the new guy in knowing his FTO is going to try to keep him from screwing up too bad. So when they aren't there, you're going to learn quick, fast and in a hurry how to handle things. One can even say that this is where the real job starts...and I agree.

Presence, listen to that instinct. When it tells you something is wrong...something is wrong. LISTEN to it. It will save your life.

Leave a comment:

• Presence 1*
    replied
    thanks guys.

I appreciate the advice and the thoughts. I'm open to everyone's advice - I have so much to learn.

And, it is true that not havin the FTO in the seat next to you will really make you take a big jump in the learning process. It is quite different to make all the decisions on your own, than to turn to the person in the other seat and say, What do you think about this one?

I am officially out of shadow phase as of today. My teammates will continue to back me, because they are good like that, but I'm out from under the protective FTO umbrella now, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Lookn2Improve
    replied
    Glad to hear you made it on your own! I am fairly new as well and still remember my first day on my own and how quite the car was! I'll give you the advise that I was given....You'll learn more in your first week alone then you did in the whole FTO program...reason being you have to stand completely behind your choices and not always will there be someone there to help you work it out....I am glad to hear that your fellow officers mad sure to be there for you also. The guys I work with are great to help out because we have a ton of new deputies. Hardcharger08 is a right always take as much information from every officer you can. You might not always agree but the more knowledge you have to work with the better to make your own choice. There are a few new guys with us that already think they know everything and are all cocky...now when they get in a situation where they don't know exactly how to handle it the guys refuse to give them advise since they never took any to begin with.

Hope you don't lose that upbeat great personality! I still love my job and can't believe I got on the road a year ago!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2039 users online. 138 members and 1901 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X