300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vest curls up at the bottom

I have a GH Armor Systems Type II bullet proof vest, and it always curls up on the bottom corners. Does anyone know a trick to get keep a vest from curling up? I had it custom fitted and its only 7 months old.

Mine does the same thing...I just figured it was my gut pushing it up.

Comment

Push-backs....push back from the table...lol. J/k maybe the carrier is too small
      Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

You can adjust the vest carrier so that it rides higher up, but you have to be careful that the vest does not hit your neck when you are seated.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

From my understanding, you have a vest that has not only Kevlar, but also some other type of Nylon or whatever. It's basically a hybrid. The way I understand it is that Kevlar does not curl while the hybrids do.
          "To know that you know what you know and that you do not know what you do not know; that is true knowledge." - Unknown

Comment

I have the same vest. One thing that works is to take the actually ballistic panel (kevlar) out and put it under your mattress. It sounds kind of dumb, but it works. If you do that on your days off it should be okay.

Comment

Your vest is riding to low. When your standing there should be about an inch between the bottom of vest and belt.
              If its to low your vest will turtle when you sit.

Its either that or a little P90X is needed.
              Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Ya I could stand to use a little weight. I will try getting the wrinkles out on my days off. I was already planning on trying to loose some weight over the next 4 months. When I have lost the weight I will report again to see if being skinny has any effect on the bunching up.

Comment

Curling up when you sit??? Try adjusting the shoulder straps if not it may be too long. They should have measured when sitting.
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

My vest seems to fit just fine but it curls up at the bottom as well. I didn't think my gut was that big but apparently it is. On my off days. I lay it flat and place a book or two on the edges.

Comment

I didn't have that problem but my vest would slide up to my neck and felt uncomfortable. I solved the problem by attaching my shirt keepers to the flaps on the vest (that tucks into my pants). It may help with your problem.

Comment

You probably need to adjust your vest. It will sometimes curl up because its hitting something on your duty belt when you sit down. My vest does the same thing. It makes me look like I'm wearing a colostomy bag.
                        "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

Your vest will also begin to curl up at the bottom over time if you HANG IT UP. Most vest manufacturers recommend lying the vest flat when it is being stored.
                          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Mine does that too. In P&P we get junk equipment that's used, and the previous owner of my vest didn't take care of it at all. i have complained enough that it is too big for me and that where it curls up it blocks off my ability to draw my weapon. after about 8 months of bitching they've ordered me a new vest. plus it looks like an ***.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                              Your vest will also begin to curl up at the bottom over time if you HANG IT UP. Most vest manufacturers recommend lying the vest flat when it is being stored.
                              What he said above is true. Your vest is finished. Call the maker asap. Should be under some sort of warranty. You need a new vest asap.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5505 users online. 301 members and 5204 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X