300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rouse gone bad

Thought this was funny.... I finished FTO TODAY....I start my first day solo on Monday. I was doing my best to impress my FTO today, and we went to a house to serve a warrant on a guy for $1000 DUI. I though I was slick Rick, knocked on the door. No answer. Went to the bedroom window, and heard some rustling. I knocked on the window and announced myself....I said and I quote..."Police department, come outside *****." He replied with "F$%# You" I said, "O.k. come outside or were kicking in the door!" He said, "DO IT." I had quickly realized I wasn't kicking a door in for a DUI warrant and felt like such an idiot. The look on my FTO was priceless. Make sure that if you plan on rousing someone, it should be somewhat believable. He's probably laughing right this second.....

Originally posted by 1SuperTrooper View Post
    He said, "DO IT."
    Shoulda kicked it, he did give consent.
    Do your best, do what is right

Comment

lol...but seriously, you attempted to serve a warrant that was 1k? we pretty much have a rule that we don't arrest unless the warrant is at least 20k....even then if it's just a traffic warrant we still wont take.
      http://www.truepolicestories.net - my website of all my stories as a police officer. Please read it and become a member!

Comment

This is funny!!!

Comment

If we can articulate that the bad guy is in there, (we see him, or he identifies himself through the door), we CAN kick it.

IPDbrad....hell yeah! its all how you write it up
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Xerious View Post
            lol...but seriously, you attempted to serve a warrant that was 1k? we pretty much have a rule that we don't arrest unless the warrant is at least 20k....even then if it's just a traffic warrant we still wont take.
            But our DUI warrants do not have bail of just $1000, either.

By the way, is "rouse" a local slang term? I have only heard it used as a verb, meaning to awaken or stir up.
            Last edited by DAL; 09-12-2009, 03:55 PM.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I think he meant "ruse"
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                I think he meant "ruse"
                I don't think that "ruse" fits well, either, but perhaps I am too pedantic.

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                  I think he meant "ruse"

True.

"Bluff" would have also worked.

lol

Comment

"Bluff" or "threat" is more apt. "Ruse" indicates trickery.

Comment

You should have kicked his door down, walked in and said, "Meet me at the station in a half an hour". When he leaves to go to the station...stop him and tow his ride, cite him in the field and make him walk home.

That's how you dress down a 1k warrant

Or go back to the window and tell him you are going to cite him out in the field with a new court date, and you are sorry for inconvieniencing him.

Either way

Comment

LOL...I come from a small dept....12 officers, and even then a 1k warrant isn't worth much. For some reason we just don't have it for a higher dollar amount. I did get approval from my sergeant and chief to go kick it in tomorrow so I think I just might It's all for the principle now. I have never heard of getting to come to the station for a cite. That has got to be great. Gonna try that on the next one....but first I have to go kick this door down.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                          I don't think that "ruse" fits well, either, but perhaps I am too pedantic.

Mmm..shallow and pedantic.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                            "Bluff" or "threat" is more apt. "Ruse" indicates trickery.
                            I use a "ruse" all the time in an attempt to trick suspects. Example: Felony stop - "you in the back seat... I see you... put your hands up"

Another "ruse" that I've heard about. Lighting papers on fire behind a suspects vehicle and then yelling... your car is on fire. I've heard that has worked plenty of times to get suspects out of the house.
                            Yes I'm a LEO... but I do no care enough to go through the trouble of changing the screen name.... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
                              Mmm..shallow and pedantic.
                              Your meatloaf is shallow and pedantic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3684 users online. 192 members and 3492 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X