300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best undershirt for vest

We are halfway through the academy and we are required to wear our vest daily to get them broken in before we are on the road. My question is what is the best type of shirt to wear under the vest. I have heard the under armour type shirts and have heard some people say just wear a tank top. I work in a very hot area (Texas heat) and wanted to know what would be best. Thanks

Try the 5-11 muscle mapping shirts.

Comment

I prefer the under armour heat gear shirts for when the weather is warm. It wicks away the sweat and it doesn't bunch up under your vest.

Comment

The best in the heat is the Under Armour Heatgear tactical shirt in sleeveless. The short sleeves are okay, but the sleeveless keeps you cool. Just don't wear cotton in the heat, you come home smelly and soaked with sweat.

Comment

+1 on the 5.11 muscle mapping shirt. I like mine more than the sleeveless under armor it replaced.

Comment

try the eastern mountain sports techwick shirts. Amazing!
            Alf

Comment

I wear a plain old black cotton t-shirt. I have tried the Under Armor, and 5.11. I hate the way my vest slides around when I wear the UA or 5.11.

The black t smells pretty bad by the end of my shift though.

Comment

Athletic Works T shirts

Northern California (about ten 100 degree plus days every summer), I use the Athletic Works Wicking T-shirts from Walmart. Can be found in white (I used them in the Academy), Black (current uniform), and other colors. Very affordable, less then $8 at Walmart.

I would be interested in knowing at how well these compare to the 5.11 or Underarmor shirts that cost 2 or 3 times more.

Comment

I have both, and the Wal-Mart shirts are ok for cooler weather, but when it's hot I wear Under Armour. Of course, I'm a Park Ranger so I'm out in the heat a lot. When it really comes down to it, if it's 90 degrees NOTHING will be cool under your vest.
                  "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly. -Teddy Roosevelt"

Comment

5.11 black cotton t-shirts. They have the anti roll collar are cheap and fit nice.

Comment

Nike's sport shirts are cheaper than under armor and do the same thing - check em out.

Comment

+1,000 the recommendations for the Under Armour Heat Gear.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JPGT_00 View Post
                          I wear a plain old black cotton t-shirt. I have tried the Under Armor, and 5.11. I hate the way my vest slides around when I wear the UA or 5.11.

The black t smells pretty bad by the end of my shift though.
                          X2 The under armor heat gear also makes me itch like crazy for the entire time I wear it and several hours later. I do howvever LOVE the UA long underwear. I wear it when it gets cold instead of a coat.

Comment

Walmart UA, Reebok UA (found at Kohls), or under armors' brand. I've got all 3 types in sleeveless. I've got about 8-9 of mixed types and don't prefer one over the other. They all work great during hot weather and I've had most of them for 3 1/2 years so they hold up well. I too bought mine in the academy.

Comment

edited to remove
                              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 09-20-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2912 users online. 166 members and 2746 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X