300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Identification

I have a hard time visually identifying vehicles. Are there any publications out that could help me with this? I remember in my Navy days there was a book called “Jane’s” and it had it all, whether it was planes or ships. I wish they had one for cars.

I just frequent observe when im driving day or night. Certain vehicles have distinctive headlights and/or taillights. PLus i always get a car catalog when leaving a grocery store. Im in need of a new car.

Comment

My sergeant has the same problem, he cant tell between a Ford Taurus or a Chevy Tahoe. What we have been trying to get him to do is just state a color, body style (sedan, coupe, truck etc) maybe even a make, and a direction of travel (for calling out stops). Just start there and then try to get more detailed. I am a car nut, so I usually get it down to the year and trim level, but no body is perfect :-).

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
        I just frequent observe when im driving day or night. Certain vehicles have distinctive headlights and/or taillights. PLus i always get a car catalog when leaving a grocery store. Im in need of a new car.
        +1 on the car catalog. Get something like the local autotrend or even look at kbb.com where you look up any year or by make/model etc. I used to work at 3 carlots through college and am also a car nut so it's usually not a problem. Except for the new weirdo cars/SUVs coming out nowdays.....

Comment

I'm a big car guy and am always looking for a newer car/truck. I like the free photo classified as have been mentioned above. Don't waste the money buying one, find a place that has the freebies. I used this as an FTO at my last department to help new people get car basics. I am one of those freakey people that know Chevy from GMC from the different trim and taillights.

Comment

im a bit of a car nut too. For instance I pulled a traffic stop were there was no license plate. Told dispatch a purple Pontiac Grand Am between 1994-96. Gave them the VIN and found out it was a 1996 model. FTO looked at me and was WTF? how did you know?

Comes with time my friend. CARMAX.com helps too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6137 users online. 319 members and 5818 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X