300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Guys?

Any big guys out their... Like not the 6' 1 type guys. Im talking 6' 5" 300+. Will having this much size go against you when you apply at a Dept? I was a college offensive lineman for 2 years and i wanted to go into police.. So any restrictions?

PM sent buddy. I hope it answers some of your questions.
    Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

I could be wrong, but I do not know of a single agency in Arizona that will hold it against you. If you can pass the physical agility tests and the physical exam, you are physically golden. Go to the Arizona board and you will find a post with agencies and websites, do your homework and knock it out.

Comment

I move that those of us who are 6'4 or taller and 250 lbs or larger be referred to as "Clydsdales" from here on out.
        Last edited by BigTrooper; 09-13-2008, 03:45 PM.
        Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTrooper View Post
          I move that those of us who are 6'4 or taller and 250 lbs or larger be referred to as "Clydsdales" from here on out.
          +100000000 we should design a patch!

I am 6-3 325 lbs. Played OL/DL in high school and Div III college. There were several of us big guys in my academy class and our DT instructor loved us, called us his "skull crushers". You will catch some flack from the guys you work with because of your size. My FTO used to tell me that I needed to run and loose weight but that stopped when I kicked a door off of it's hinges (I actually mule kicked it from the hinged side and took down the whole door, damged the frame and drywall on the inside while forcing entry into a violent domestic). Just remeber that the only thing that can make you quit is you. Your instructors will give you a whole world of **** at first but just remember that you met the same standards everyone else did.

Comment

If your in shape it doesn't matter, same goes for someone who is 5' 4" at +130lbs. If you can jump the wall and do the running your good to go.

Comment

yeah.. I like the clydesdale thing... Built like a draft horse baby

Comment

My Lt is 6'8" 280lbs. We call him Robocop.

Comment

-
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  \/
                  Last edited by npd-188; 09-14-2008, 04:28 AM. Reason: error

Comment

I'm about 6'6", but nor near the weight you are. I'm only at about 200 lbs after eating a big meal. I just know that the worst part about the height is being able to fit in a patrol car. It definitely takes some adjustment since the driver's seat doesn't go back very far. I had a guy in my academy class who was well over 300 lbs and he made it through. I thought he was going to have a heart attack during the final PT testing, but he made it. Good luck.

Comment

good luck bro

Comment

My ONLY complaint about you cornfeds boys is once y'all've gotten aholt of somebody, there ain't much left for me to grab onto. If you expect my help, you've gotta give me something to grab other than an ear or pinky toe
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

We have a guy that is 6-9. When we used to have both Crown Vics and Caprices, he could only fit in the Caprices. When the Caprices went away, the department had to buy him a Tahoe so he could have a vehicle to drive that he could fit in.

Comment

They will love the size. I'm 6'6 300+ and got hired and through the academy.

Comment

I used to work with two huge guys. One used to be center in the NFL 604 and about 360 pure muscle. The other was 7 foot even. I felt like bably bear on any calls and I'm not tiny by any stretch of the imagination. We didn't get a ton of resistors.
                              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3208 users online. 153 members and 3055 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X