Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do things get better when your off training?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do things get better when your off training?

I don't know whats up with me, I have enjoyed every moment of this job over the past few months. Recently I was assigned to a new field patrol instructor and I have just been dreading work. 10 hours in the car with him just seems like an eternity.

Can any other officers relate?

Glad there is someone else!

My FTO is rough also, after 12 hours I am ready to take a few weeks off.

Comment

Pretty much everyone has at least one trainer they can't stand. I think the powers that be put them there to make sure you actually want the job. And yes, things do get better on your own.

Comment

Bro let me tell you I just finished a 3 day 10 hour plus days full of scenario training with our training staff and FTO's , Sgts that play actors.

We have answered every kind of call you could have imagined and the real FTO starts Monday for me. I have to be on FTO program for 12 weeks. I'm not feeling great about it .
        I felt so beat down after the scenario training I had to second guess my every decision because you have to stand in a circle with the other recruits after every scenario and listen to everyone critique your every move and action.

It was ruff .
        My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
          Pretty much everyone has at least one trainer they can't stand. I think the powers that be put them there to make sure you actually want the job. And yes, things do get better on your own.
          Well said...and YES, things get alot BETTER..

Comment

Originally posted by 1970k10 View Post
            I don't know whats up with me, I have enjoyed every moment of this job over the past few months. Recently I was assigned to a new field patrol instructor and I have just been dreading work. 10 hours in the car with him just seems like an eternity.

I have been through a few training programs in my time as I moved a bit. Training is stressfull no matter who you are. You are trying to do a job while someone is watching you like a hawk. You don't want to make a mistake, you don't want to be wrong, you want perfection! NOT gonna happen.

Look at the bigger picture. the FTO is supposed to train you to be a good officer, give you the tools to make good choices etc......When you finish training you will find the groove that works for you.

My last "FTO" program I found myself training those that were supposed to be training me as they were only about 4 years in the profession and I have over 14......I shut my mouth and got through it. After the program I went out and did my thing and I enjoy going to work....It will get better (really

Comment

Originally posted by rookie2006 View Post
              Bro let me tell you I just finished a 3 day 10 hour plus days full of scenario training with our training staff and FTO's , Sgts that play actors.

We have answered every kind of call you could have imagined and the real FTO starts Monday for me. I have to be on FTO program for 12 weeks. I'm not feeling great about it .
              I felt so beat down after the scenario training I had to second guess my every decision because you have to stand in a circle with the other recruits after every scenario and listen to everyone critique your every move and action.

It was ruff .
              This is where you'll fall. Make sure you get over doing this. It'll be natural because you're new but this is ALWAYS where newbies get gigged so when it happens, just get past it. It's natural to second guess yourself and you won't quit until you become more confident and answer more calls in real life that are similar in nature. I still second guess myself when I come across things I haven't encountered, or in a different scenario anyway. That's what's so fun about this job! It's ALWAYS something new and every call is different.

Comment

Originally posted by 1970k10 View Post

can relate 100 percent, I just was released 2 weeks early from my FTO program and it's so much better on your own. I had one FTO who was horrendous, I hated going to work and sit next to him. He knew his s*** but had no personality and always was condensending. Suck it up and yes it will get 10x's better.

Comment

People don't always get along with each other. It may not be anything specific to your training, but just that your personality and his don't mesh.

If you are getting good scores in FTO, don't worry about it. It will be over soon enough.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6338 users online. 348 members and 5990 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X